Author Topic: Happy New Year!!!  (Read 7246 times)

Melinda

• Queen of our Hearts and Head of our most humble Family
Happy New Year!!!
« on: December 31, 2007, 09:36:11 pm »
To: The most phenomenal people I have ever had the pleasure of encountering

I have no idea where to start...
First of all, I cannot say thank you enough for making the best year of my life. I never imagined something like this would happen and that I would get the chance to share it with such amazing people. I actually had no idea that at the end of this year, I would be sitting here wondering how it happened that I fell head over heels in love with a group of people. I didn't even know that was possible. I knew you guys were light years beyond any other fan club (by the way, we need to come up with a different name than that, because that does not do you all justice), but I am absolutely amazed at your ability to still surprise me with your ideas and your hearts. This Christmas is no exception...as a matter of fact, it proves my point that you all are angels sent from up above. I cannot get over the Christmas gifts you all gave to me. The IPod Touch is amazing! I love the messages on there. That was an awesome idea. It makes me not want to add any songs and just listen to you sweethearts the whole time. The star was beautiful. We might be here all day if I named everything, but thank you, thank you, thank you. Now on to the real kicker...the scrapbook with the stories of how you all changed lives this Christmas. I read every single one and just kept on crying. I don't know if you remember Oprah's "Wildest Dreams" segment last year, but it was a time where she made people's dreams come true. I remember watching that and crying out of joy every time someone got what they really needed or wanted. Well, I prayed right then and there for God to give me the resources to begin to make people's dreams come true and to really touch lives. When I prayed, I was thinking I was praying for finances...little did I know, I was actually praying for people like you to be my hands and my heart to people that really needed it. That is such a huge honor! I could not have asked for a better gift. You have no idea how much that touched me.
So, thank you for being an answer to prayer, thank you for loving on me when I needed it most and thank you for showing me that absolutely nothing is impossible with God.
I love you so much!!!
This is my prayer for you:
Lord, bless these wonderful angels that have touched my life so deeply. Give them every desire of their heart and more in this new year. I pray for healthy lives for my angels and their families and I pray that no need goes unmet. Lord, love on them, comfort them, wrap your arms around them and give them a big hug for me. Show them that you really can take their dreams and not only make them a reality, but take them farther than they could ever imagine. Make this year the best yet for each of them.
Thank you!
In Jesus' Name,
Amen

MelindaRules1987

• Founding Backup
Re: Happy New Year!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2007, 09:39:37 pm »
Melinda, that was such a beautiful letter.  We all love you and you have definitely made my year and life much better.  Big hug Big hug Big hug

mcaro05

• Founding Backup #753
  • Lively, compassionate, gracious, introspective.
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2007, 09:43:09 pm »
Melinda, thank you so much for taking the time to post that. It truly touched my heart and means so much to me. We love you!! Here is a post that I made in off topic discussions, I copied and pasted it so that I would not sound repetative in my reply to your beautiful post!!

Every year, I sit down and write a year in review...I like to read it the year after and reflect. Well this year, I have so much to say about 2007, and most of it includes American Idol/Melinda/YOU guys, I had to let you know.

2007 was an amazing year overall. Even though there were some hard times, I got through them. I got through them by watching Melinda every week on American Idol and seeing her dedication, compassion, and faith shine through her every week. I got through them by growing closer with Sam because of our love for American Idol. I got through them by having the opportunity to see AI live in Detroit, then again in Huntington. After the Huntington show, I joined this site, and my life has been forever changed because of doing so. I have never in my life seen such amazing support and love by strangers. You guys are my rock, my inspiration, and my motivation. You have each shown me how much you genuinly care about each other and that in itself has made me want to be a better person. I love the myspace messages, the PM's. I cannot believe that one amazing woman has brought all of us together. She may never know how much I appreciate it, but I will devote my life to trying to pay back everything that she has done for me and everything that each of you have done for me. The way you have each shown your concern for Amanda has blown me away. You don't know me, you don't know Amanda, yet you are constantly praying for her and asking about her.

Melinda, thank you for starting off my year right. I was the most pessimistic, emotional, negative person at the end of last year, but you turned that around. Thank you for helping me do things I never thought possible, and for giving me the desire and motivation to dream big. Thank you for bringing the backups together. Thanks for being such a huge part of my 2007, from watching you on Idol to meeting you at the AI shows (and in Huntington, thanks for waving to us from the bus, and for telling LaKisha we were from Michigan   )to Franklin, which was a weekend I will never ever forget.

Backups, thank you for being my support system for the majority of 2007. I love you guys dearly and I hope one day I can repay each of you for everything you have done for me. Vamps, I don't know what I'd do without you guys every night! Thanks for caring about me and looking out for me..and don't worry, I know Gem is only kidding  . Krista, I love you and I am so glad that you have put your trust in me these past few weeks, I'm always here for you.

Babz

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2007, 09:47:06 pm »
Thank YOU Melinda for all you have done for us. You brought people from all corners of the US and around the world (a big hollah to my international buddies...who have prob already had their New Year by now  World Hug) and made us one big family. I am greatful for all of them, and especially for you for making it all happen. Happy New Year to you and your family! May this year bring even more success and joy than last.

Big hug Big hug
Much love,
babz

melordin705

• Baby Backup
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2007, 09:47:53 pm »
MELINDA YOU ARE WORTH EVERYTHING FOR US!!!!!!!! WE LOVE YOU SOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!!!!!! THAT WAS BEAUTIFUL  Rose. I LOVE YOU AND SO DO ALL YOUR BACKUPS AND BABY BACKUPS! ENJOY YOUR PRESENTS! HAPPY NEW YEAR, MY IDOL!  Big hug Big hug Big hug Big hug Big hug Big hug Big hug Big hug

BACKUP 789! BABY BACKUP 20!

Holly

• Founding Backup # 558
  • Live life with no regrets!
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2007, 09:56:35 pm »
WOW.   That was beautiful.   
We love you very muh and it is OUR honor to be your backups..aka... angels.

Holly

alohabyana

• Founding Backup #590
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2007, 10:29:07 pm »
Melinda,
That was such a beautiful letter and prayer.  It is amazing that God has brought us all together.  And it's even more amazing that we're not the normal "fan club" but rather your supporters who will support you in any and every way that we can.  Indeed nothing is impossible with God.

Much Aloha,
Ann

Shari

• Founding Backup
    • my blog
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2007, 10:32:38 pm »
Oh Melinda, what a sweet and beautiful message!!  Thank you so much for the heartfelt words ... they mean more than you know.  It has been a pleasure to watch your journey evolve this year ... and I know that journey's only going to be more amazing in 2008.

I know I've thanked you before for all you've done for me, so I won't go into great detail about it again. Please just know how very much everything meant to me, both from the AI tour and the Christmas one. I must make specific mention of the Christmas tour, though. I'll never be able to thank you enough for those passes. It truly was such a pleasure to be able to talk with you for so long, and I can't ever thank you enough for what you said to me that day. This job search has been so frustrating and discouraging at times, but what you said to me that day, your faith in me, inspires me to never give up on my dreams. Your words of inspiration mean more to me than I can possibly express, and I will continue to use them as a reminder to always dream bigger and to make those dreams come true. I hope you know how much you inspire people, Melinda.

You have truly touched so many people's lives and hearts this year, just by being you. Your genuine kindness and sincerity is honestly matched by no one ... you are so devoted to your fans, and I know I speak for all of us when I say we are equally devoted to you! It has been an absolute honor to be one of your Backups this year ... and it will continue to be. I'm pretty sure you're stuck with all of us, Melinda! :-)

Thank you for introducing me to this amazing group of fellow Backups ... what incredible friends they are!! Thank you for bringing so much happiness to so many people this year. Thank you for everything you for us and for everything you do to make this world a better place. Quite simply put ... thank you for being you. You really are the best.

I wish you only the very best in 2008. I just know this magical journey you're on is going to continue. You are going to continue to do such amazing things and you are going to continue to change the world for the better. You have such a bright year ahead of you ... and that's only fitting, for such a bright star as yourself. I wish you all the very, very best in 2008 ... may all your dreams continue to come true!!

Heartbeat,
Shari :-)

(Hah ... I think I may actually be incapable of writing something short!!)
*Dream Big; Work Hard*

alex

• Founding Backup #489
  • Baby Backup
  • Melinda Doolittle=Best Singer Ever
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2007, 10:35:30 pm »
THANK YOU SO MUCH MELINDA! We all love you sooooo much! You are amazing and deserving everything your heart desires! I can't express how much I love in just words. I hope I meet you one day! Thank you for wishing us a Happy New Year! We hope (we know) you will be a huge star!

I LOVE YOU SOOOOO MUCH!

Big hug

Thanks

Love Always, With Prayers,
-ALEX

Backup 489
Baby Backup 14

californiafan

• Founding Backup #706
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2007, 10:39:44 pm »
WOW!! What a beautiful letter. It made me cry   Crying.  We feel the same way about you Melinda!

Dingingstar324

• Founding Backup
  • Baby Backup
    • Myspace
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2007, 10:51:41 pm »
Melinda,

That was a beautiful letter and prayer.  You brought tears of happiness in my eyes to part of such a wonderful group of people. And thank YOU, for all you've done! you are amazing, and I cannot express in words how much you mean to me!  Love you sooooooo much!

Big hug Big hug Big hug Big hug Big hug Big hug Big hug Big hug Big hug Big hug

Love,
Krista
Late Night \\\\\\\"Weekend Vamp\\\\\\\"<br /><br />

OldSchool80s

« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2007, 11:03:05 pm »
Beautiful message and sentiments, Melinda.

This has been an incredible year for all of us.  We have so many new friends, you included.  I hate to sound overly dramatic, but honestly, it has been life altering.  The people that have gathered here on your behalf are all so special.  The friendships that have developed mean the world to me.

Your talent, lopve and friendship is a gift to us all.

Glad you enjoyed the Christmas Project.  We knew that you would most appreciate us doing for others.

We love you and Happy New Year. 

Elcondado

• Founding Backup #603, Cathy
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2007, 11:12:06 pm »
Your loving letter and prayer have given me tears of joy.  You are definitely one of a kind Ms. Melinda.  Thank you for all that you do for us, for all the love and attention you give to us, and for being the very special person that you are.  Our Backup family is so lucky to have you, and through you, we have found so much love and happiness amongst each other.  What a wonderful gift, the gift of love.  Thank you Melinda.

Bernie

• Founding Backup #455
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2007, 11:29:32 pm »
Thank you so much, Melinda, for that beautiful letter and prayer, and the kind sentiments you offer us.  You have been our blessing this year when we all discovered you, came to love you, and came together to participate in the things that are important to you.  For so many of us, the time you shared with us in Nashville, the times you performed for us before we knew you on AI, the backstage sharing, and the times you have come here to our board have been the brightest moments of our year.  I have nothing to add to what the people above have already said -- like every one of us here, I love you a lot, wish in my heart for your happiness and success, do everything I can to help make that happen, and look forward to CD's, tours, Broadway shows, your own compositions, and most of all, wonderful surprises like the cute girl who showed up in the leather jacket, large earrings and lush hair that night and belted out Since you've been gone like it's never been heard, floored the judges and the princes and all the land, and stole our hearts forever.

Bless you, good luck to you, and Happy New Year, our dearest Melinda.
May all that is good be yours.

Bernie
Your supporter and fan in Boston, Bernie

meldoo1

« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2007, 11:37:45 pm »
 Faint

Melinda,

WOW! I am sitting here with Dani, with my jaw wide open, tears in my eyes..wondering how I could possibly respond to this. 
If you truly knew how much you meant to us, you would know that it is you, who were sent from above to be OUR angel.
You have such a beautiful heart, we are absolutely honored to do everything we can to show you how special you are.
It is an absolute joy to be part of this incredible group of people, supporting such an amazing woman.
So Melinda, you are so welcome.
We love you dearly.
 I wish you and your family a happy, blessed New Year. Rose

much love to you girl!  =>D
Stacia and Dani
« Last Edit: December 31, 2007, 11:45:49 pm by meldoo1(S) »