Author Topic: Bringing some structure to the Promotions Team  (Read 1516 times)

Alan

• Founding Backup #372
  • cool, steely master technophile.
    • Chandler's Zen
Bringing some structure to the Promotions Team
« on: December 31, 2007, 03:35:48 pm »
Thank you all for offers of help.  I have been using the Christmas holidays to think about what we need to do in this area.  I think there are a number of on-going activities that we need to pursue, plus of course reacting to specific events.

In terms of on-going activities, I envisage the following

Web Site Team:  Keeping the part of our web site that is outside of this forum and chat up to date and relevant for the casual passer by.  As you may have seen from other posts, Newsgirl/Shari has joined this team as has Desiree and Gemini2/Nancy.

Internet Team: Attempt to find as many ways as possible to get pertinent links to our sites.  I know Vickster/Vicki has been dutifully ensuring that http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melinda_Doolittle points to us (although I noticed just now that someone has screwed up the links again) but I am sure she could do with some more help.  Other places of interest are comments against articles in the press (several of us wrote comments against the "Far Flung" article in the Tennessean), and of course our own MySpace and Facebook pages.  Any gurus out there that know how to increase our standing with Search Engines?

Membership Team: Targeted with increasing our membership.  You may have noticed I have invited a few people to join via e-mail, but I am sure there are other things we can do to increase members here.

Street Team: Local promotion of Melinda.  I made a start by asking for you to lookout local media contacts - so we can build a database of names, but when there is something to promote, we will need this team to be out there promoting it.

So let us know which of these team you can contribute to - and indeed if anyone can think of another ongoing team that we need please add it to my list. 

OldSchool80s

Re: Bringing some structure to the Promotions Team
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2008, 02:49:06 am »
I think Alan has some great ideas here for the various types of teams/efforts we can make in order to promote Melinda.

Regarding the internet team . . .

One thing that we could maybe look into is finding other fan sites for past American Idol contestants and getting them to link to our site.  In turn we could link to them.  Maybe we need a "links" page for this purpose.

Regarding the membership team . . .

We have had a decent number of new members ever since our links appeared on Melinda's myspace and on MNM website.   Linking from places that might attract Idol or Melinda fans is really crucial to keep increasing our membership/Melinda's fanbase.

Alan

• Founding Backup #372
  • cool, steely master technophile.
    • Chandler's Zen
Re: Bringing some structure to the Promotions Team
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2008, 11:40:51 pm »
I think Alan has some great ideas here for the various types of teams/efforts we can make in order to promote Melinda.

Regarding the internet team . . .

One thing that we could maybe look into is finding other fan sites for past American Idol contestants and getting them to link to our site.  In turn we could link to them.  Maybe we need a "links" page for this purpose.

I put a sample of what our Affiliate links might look like here http://test.melindasbackups.com/AboutUs.htm

Not having much luck so far. I tried the blaker girls and got no reply from my e-mail, the philnatics don't seem to have any contact address. 

hilarious