Author Topic: Melinda Inspires me with....  (Read 4482 times)

Rene

• Founding Backup
  • Loving, curious, poet, thinker.
    • myspace
Melinda Inspires me with....
« on: August 31, 2007, 02:00:46 am »
On August 7, 2007

Melinda inspires me with:

Her courage in the face of uncertainty.
Her ability to laugh at herself when mocked by others.
Her gratitude for the slightest kindness shown to her.
Her humility while in possession of such great talent.
Her graciousness when criticized.
Her loyalty to her friends.
Her wanting even her competitors to do well and receive praise.
Her dignity.
Her self deprecating humor.
Her love for her God.
Her love for her mommy.
Her love for us.
Her not being a traditional beauty but still sooo beautiful.
Her unwillingness to hurt anyone with her words.
Never bragging, never boasting, never self-centered before our eyes.
Her selflessness almost to a fault.
All of these things call to me to be a better person, a better friend and more of an inspiration in my own circle of loved ones.

(Add yours)
« Last Edit: August 31, 2007, 11:45:17 pm by Rene »
Can Chanel come out to play? She rawwwks!!!!!
luMelinderIdo

MelindaRules1987

• Founding Backup
Re: Melinda Inspires me with....
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2007, 02:08:01 am »
Practically all of the above.  Cheesy

Holly

• Founding Backup # 558
  • Live life with no regrets!
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2007, 02:11:43 am »
Like Mary Poppins    Practically Perfect in every way!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No pity No pity

LuvHer

• Founding Backup #434
  • Gentle, bookworm, fun-loving, empathetic
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2007, 03:12:52 am »

All of these things call to me to be a better person, a better friend and more of an inspiration in my own circle of loved ones

Beautiful!
~~~~~~~~~~~~
"... Just as Jesus created wine from water, we humans are capable of transmuting emotion into music..."
Carlos Santana

MelindaRules1987

• Founding Backup
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2007, 03:18:16 am »
I think Melinda is a traditional beauty despite what mot people say.  Roll Eyes

Bernie

• Founding Backup #455
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2007, 03:28:28 am »
Oh, I remember this! I LOVED this!  Thank you for retrieving it!

Yes, she is a"traditional beauty". That "looks like 17" picture from two days ago is the last word on that argument.

(I just had this strange flash in my mind "Yes, what a great picture -- you know who she looks like there- Melinda_Rules...' ..... avatar.... a board of short, pretty African-American women...., as someone else admitted yesterday).

Yes, what a great post!
Your supporter and fan in Boston, Bernie

Rene

• Founding Backup
    • myspace
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2007, 03:41:27 am »
That was my answer to the critics, but yes I think she is quite beautiful. Though many others do not see past height, weight, neck length Roll Eyes, shape etc. She is a real beauty.
luMelinderIdo

Bernie

• Founding Backup #455
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2007, 03:55:58 am »
That was my answer to the critics, but yes I think she is quite beautiful. Though many others do not see past height, weight, neck length Roll Eyes, shape etc. She is a real beauty.

I find nothing wrong with her height, shape, weight--- remember how she looked at the Star Spangled Banner in Cleveland?  She is a real beauty.

MelindaRules1987

• Founding Backup
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2007, 03:57:16 am »

I find nothing wrong with her height, shape, weight--- remember how she looked at the Star Spangled Banner in Cleveland?  She is a real beauty.
Melinda looks beautiful whenever she is performing, but yes, she did look wonderful during her NA performance.  Wink

Bernie

• Founding Backup #455
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2007, 04:36:01 am »

Melinda looks beautiful whenever she is performing, but yes, she did look wonderful during her NA performance.  Wink

She was incredibly slim and wore an hourglass figure....

MelindaRules1987

• Founding Backup
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2007, 04:40:59 am »

She was incredibly slim and wore an hourglass figure....
Bernie, you have the most creative sayings about Melinda.  Wink

Rene

• Founding Backup
    • myspace
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2007, 04:45:39 am »

Yes Bernie. We are all looking throught the eyes of luvvvvvvvv. But I have had to debate people who did not see her as we do.They can find much fault with the way she looks . We of course know they are wrong.
luMelinderIdo

Bernie

• Founding Backup #455
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2007, 11:21:31 am »
I remember my contribution to that thread:  my particular inspiration was (as an amateur musician of many years myself) Melinda's unstinting musicianship and professionalism, "woodshedding" (practicing assiduously) and "paying ones dues" and crafting flawless, utterly convincing professional-artist performances every time.

On Tuesday August 07 2007

Melinda (and not she alone) has inspired me with her reading of the Gospels and the "Great Commission" as a reason to excel, to love, and to give. While some have used their faiths as reasons for personal or familial retreat from the world, or even acts of war, Melinda, like Martin King and Albert Schweitzer, or even Bach, and some non-public persons I have known, has interpreted her belief as a commandment to live the life of giving, compassion, and constant striving towards personal perfection in all her pursuits. She's an attestation to the best that Christianity can be.

Melinda has inspired me to learn about and appreciate "Soul" music. Although I've loved the Delta/Chicago blues forever, even Aretha and Gladys weren't enough to make my ears open up to Motown. Melinda opened my ears not only to her own stupendous art, but to the giants (living and departed) on whose shoulders she stands. (Of course, that's just one facet of her panoramic musicality).

Finally, as I'm a non-professional musician, of some accomplishment, even, Melinda has re-emphasized what being a professional musician means; her professionalism is, well, inspiring. She makes me want to play better, get every one of those sloppy notes right, and look upward when I play. She is certainly an inspiration as a musician.

She inspired me to figure out how to render Since you've been gone stylistically-appropriately on the Electric Guitar!

I want her to inspire the people who can't post on this board -- esp young people who don't have much, especially girls --- to "Dream Big", tread the straight path, and accomplish.

Bernie, backup #455
« Last Edit: September 01, 2007, 04:46:04 am by Bernie »

Rene

• Founding Backup
    • myspace
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2007, 11:33:16 pm »
Rene, see if you can find the  original date for that post and put it in your title. I think the dates of these compositions are important (esp in the time scale of Melinda's story and our story).

I remember my contribution to that thread:  my particular inspiration was (as an amateur musician of many years myself) Melinda's unstinting musicianship and professionalism, "woodshedding" (practicing assiduously) and "paying ones dues" and crafting flawless, utterly convincing professional-artist performances every time.

I can play pretty darn good, but not well enough to charge money to hear me: Melinda is a true professional.

Bernie I am going for yours too. (Got it posted above)
« Last Edit: August 31, 2007, 11:47:36 pm by Rene »
luMelinderIdo

Bernie

• Founding Backup #455
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2007, 11:55:39 am »
[Bernie I am going for yours too. (Got it posted above)

Thanks! I'd forgotten the rest of it (and haven't seen it in a long time). I fixed some typography lost in transit.

hilarious