Author Topic: Inspired By Melinda - Video by Alan  (Read 11568 times)

Alan

• Founding Backup #372
  • cool, steely master technophile.
    • Chandler's Zen
Inspired By Melinda - Video by Alan
« on: August 30, 2007, 10:42:15 pm »
This is my entry into the recent video contest entitled "Inspired by Melinda"

I decided I wanted take a different approach to most other peoples video and NOT put pictures of Melinda to a background song. Instead I filmed myself (at the start) and then just my voice narrating the story of how we all met up on the internet and followed Melinda's journey. It was quite scary to make - because I had to put a bit of myself into this video, including being one of the few people on this site you have actually seen AND heard,  but Melinda's words about facing your fear and doing it anyway Inspired me to continue. This is partially why the title is what it is.

I also managed to craft every single one of Melinda's main performances somewhere in the video (one song is audio only). See if you can check them all off

I have to apologise to Tora, Dani and Sara - I had to chop the video a little to make it fit the 6 minutes I believed the contest was rather than the 8 minutes that it turned out were in the rules at the end, so their contributions to the flower project got left out (as did some other interesting stuff I would have like to have included).

Anyway enjoy.

As my server is likely to get shut down when I go on holiday soon, I have uploaded the video to this site.  The video is my copyright but is licensed for use by others using the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.0 England & Wales License.

There are two versions - a high quality version and a compressed version. The compressed version should be good enough for most peoples needs.  The high quality version is at DVD quality and was my formal entry.

I recommend people right click on the links and select "Save Target As" (internet Explorer) or "Save Link As" (Firefox), as trying to play them directly screws up the synchronisation of audio and visual.

(Please give it 1 hour from this edit - it appears the upload is still happening despite it telling me it had finished

This is the compressed version

This is the high quality version
« Last Edit: August 31, 2007, 04:21:07 pm by Alan »

LuvHer

• Founding Backup #434
  • Gentle, bookworm, fun-loving, empathetic
Re: Inspired By Melinda - Video by Alan
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2007, 03:10:13 am »
Alan, I  sincerely hope Melinda gets the chance to see this!  You did a marvelous job of telling her how you feel (I, and I bet, many others, feel the same!) 

Thank you for suggesting that we "save as"--I didn't the first time.  This was better.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
"... Just as Jesus created wine from water, we humans are capable of transmuting emotion into music..."
Carlos Santana

MelindaRules1987

• Founding Backup
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2007, 03:17:35 am »
Wonderful video, Alan.  I really hope Melinda sees this one day.  Smiley

Bernie

• Founding Backup #455
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2007, 03:36:09 am »

I was very, very touched by Alan's video when he first showed it to me (way before it went "public").  It's just how I feel, too, and how so many of us feel.   I, too, hope she sees it, if she hasn't.
Your supporter and fan in Boston, Bernie

MelindaRules1987

• Founding Backup
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2007, 03:39:13 am »

I was very, very touched by Alan's video when he first showed it to me (way before it went "public").  It's just how I feel, too, and how so many of us feel.   I, too, hope she sees it, if she hasn't.
Melinda would be so amazed by it that she would probably even cry.  Smiley

jenprays

• Founding Backup #279
  • nice, congenial, spiritual
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2007, 03:56:43 am »
 Help sign Help!! I "Saved As" and I can't watch it...is there a different program I need to use? (I tried Real Player and Windows Media Player)
I love being the mama 'cause I get to tell people what to do! Melinda Doolittle

Bernie

• Founding Backup #455
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2007, 04:33:55 am »
Help sign Help!! I "Saved As" and I can't watch it...is there a different program I need to use? (I tried Real Player and Windows Media Player)

I've found that the VideoLan media player (http://www.videolan.org/), free download, can play .avi's and other files (such as the unbelievable, ravishing Tampa Natural Woman) that give Windows Media Player bitburn.

"Yo, check it out."
Your supporter and fan in Boston, Bernie

alohabyana

• Founding Backup #590
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2007, 07:41:21 am »
Alan,
Your video gave me "goose bumps" and this is the second time I've seen it.  It is fabulous!  I sincerely hope that Melinda will be able to see it one day soon, if she hasn't already.

Aloha,
Ann

angel4peace

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2007, 07:56:14 am »
Alan, I do not know what to say, words fail me as tears run slowly down my cheeks, this was breathtaking, you said what is in all of our hearts and you said it so eloquently Thank you Thank you Thank you! You do have a soft heart, hidden away... beating to the tune of Melinda
angel
« Last Edit: August 31, 2007, 08:02:30 pm by angel4peace »

sueintucson

• Founding Backup #676
  • intelligent, diplomatic, inquisitve, serene
    • Melinda Doolittle Backup
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2007, 08:42:21 pm »
Alan, I'm so glad you brought this here!
Sue

www.myspace.com/sueintucson

Stand often in the company of dreamers:
  they tickle your common sense & believe you can achieve
  things which are impossible.
          maryanne radmacher

Vickster

« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2007, 03:36:09 pm »
Alan, I think this is my favorite video of all that were created.  Your presentation mirrored my feelings exactly.   
A wonderful work.

Jessica

• Founding Backup #674
  • Her Most Excellent Majesty of the Royal Order of the Knights of Media
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2007, 06:14:19 pm »
I love your video, Alan!

rhonda

• Founding Backup #488
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2007, 08:10:37 pm »
Am I this late in getting over here   Huh?

Alan, you know I loved your video or else I would not have personally given Melinda a copy, enough said ! !

donna

• Founding Backup #695
  • Wise, strongwilled, intuitive
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2007, 11:21:06 pm »
Love it. You deserve a big hug from Melinda.  Big hug

meldoo1

« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2007, 11:30:17 pm »
aww Alan...that was TOO sweet! Hug
you did an incredible job!