Author Topic: MESSAGES TO MELINDA :)  (Read 59746 times)

Alan

• Founding Backup #372
  • cool, steely master technophile.
    • Chandler's Zen
Re: MESSAGES TO MELINDA :)
« Reply #135 on: June 18, 2008, 09:51:14 pm »
Sally

I am so glad that you found us  Huzzah! Huzzah! and that we found you  Huzzah! Huzzah! and we have been able to work together AS A TEAM.   Big hug World Hug

mcaro05

• Founding Backup #753
  • Lively, compassionate, gracious, introspective.
« Reply #136 on: June 18, 2008, 10:06:15 pm »
Yesterday when I popped into chat to thank Sally and Alan for the song, Sally told me "Megan, as Alan said, we are a team and we're all here for each other". Well I must say, this is one kick butt team, and I am glad to be a part of it.

I've always been taught that your family is most important no matter what, and that no matter what kind of trouble you get yourself into or how many people have turned their back on you, your family will always be there. Well, I can confidently say that you guys ARE my second family. I know that you are always here for me, and I hope you know I'm always here for you. I love you all so much and nothing could ever turn me away  Big hug

Jena and Sally, thank you for the posts. They were both beautiful!

Melrocks

« Reply #137 on: June 18, 2008, 10:21:35 pm »

Somebody asked me once, if I knew what an angel was, since I couldn't see representations of them, or hear them, or touch them.  This is what I see.,,,  Angels wear halos of faith, that shine with the softest of lights, because they know that a harsh light would push people away.  They live their faith sweetly and simply, because they know that demanding faith from others is no way to show the meaning of God's love.  They share their blessings even when they have very little, and because of their generosity, others are motivated to share, until the world is no longer in need.  They love to give, because they know that to give is to truly receive.  They are gracious and humble, because they know the truth of everything is in the Lord's praise of them, not man's.  They are joyous in their faith, because they know their home is with Jesus.  They speak in gentle voices that make kings and princes bend down to listen, and commoners stand up to be counted.  They have wings of music they can spread over the world, so they can reach all the souls who need them through the sound of an universal language that defies all communication barriers, and when they have brought all the lost and needy souls close to listen, they fold their musical wings, so that all the souls come together to form a family, where the strengths of each cancels out the weaknesses of the others.  This is my description of an angel, and I hope it won't freak you out or make you feel uncomfortable, if I tell you that I believe you are an angel to this world.  Thank you so much, Melinda,,, for everything.  It is an honor to be one of your backups.

Jenna,
What beautiful words!  You express so wonderfully what we all feel so deeply - that Melinda is a very special person, not only an incredibly talented singer, but also an extraordinary person whose grace comes from her deep and living faith.  She's had an impact on each and every one of us, and I think that the backup family formed here is an extraordinary testament to the power of love and faith in this world. 

We live in such a deeply cynical and suspicious age, where charlatans and poseurs attain power, influence and celebrity.  But we hunger for authentic, genuine role models - people whose lives are marked by integrity, compassion, faith and love.  It is no surprise to me that Melinda has attracted the attention, praise, and following that she has since she is an authentic and genuine person who is unembarrassed to live according to her own faith and  beliefs. 

We backups are lucky to have found her and each other, for in doing so, we are that much freer to become the compassionate, authentic, loving people that we all want to be.

Melrocks

« Reply #138 on: June 18, 2008, 10:23:46 pm »
Jena your words are beautiful and written so clearly to the point. Each of us has expressed our feelings - yes I agree to that, but my friend you truly are a talented writer.

I am glad that Jena revived this thread because I don't think I ever truly shared where I was before Melinda.  To make a very long story short my husband Harry passed away 5 years ago very suddenly. I was 46 at the time and burried in anger, pain and shock. A year later I fell working and broke 2 vertebre's in my back and my whole lifestyle changed completely. I had to slowly learn pain management, and to do things differently. Today, I can walk, stand and move around but have yet to master distance. The entire combination of everything threw me into what I call the funky I don't care mode. The doctors had me on so much medication I really don't think I knew what planet I was on.  And then I started to skip my pain meds because I wanted to feel my brain work.  Started doing lots of gentle exercises and deep breathing exercises as well. It was about this time that Melinda's audition appeared on the television and I honestly sat on the edge of my seat with my mouth wide open, teary eyed with the OMG reaction and said wow this is our next Idol for sure. Never, ever did I follow an Idol like this. Slowly Melinda just grabbed at me with her faith, her sincerity, honesty and of course beautiful music.  I ventured to the American Idol boards and started praying and praying and my life began to change drastically.  Finally, when our Melinda sang There Will Come A Day and she was practically jumping for joy on the stage, I knew in my heart right there without words the message she was delivering  - knew for sure that God did indeed love me and did not leave me high and dry.

It has been 16 months and my life is different. My cousin told me just the other day.  Sally, I don't know how to say this but for about the past year you are so different. Your full of joy and love for others and you smile and laugh.  Just today I was able to vacumm, do laundry,  dishes and mop the floor, moving around correctly and without pain. This reminds me that things cound of been a lot worse and just how lucky I am.  This is my story. And for me Melinda carries Gods love directly to our hearts and I will always be here with my Backup family loving you and our Melinda.  Thanks for listening guys.

I truly do Love You ALL!

Hugs / Love,  Sally

Sally,
 Big hug Big hug Big hug
Thank you for sharing your story with us.  You are an amazing human being and such an important and integral member of our backup family!  I am so glad that you're getting stronger and healthier and know that you will keep on doing so!

World Hug World Hug World Hug

Sally

« Reply #139 on: June 18, 2008, 10:41:35 pm »
Thank you ALL - you know, but I will say it again  I LOVE YOU ALL SO SO MUCH AND WE ARE  FAMILY! Big hug

Jena

• happy bibliophile, and "crazy" cat lady
« Reply #140 on: June 18, 2008, 10:52:17 pm »
That was beautiful, Sally.  Big hug

You just hope Melinda knows, what a huge impact she's made on so many people.  In the midst of trying to finish the CD, and go here and there, you just hope she truly understands that the world is drastically changed for the better, for so many, because of her.  Sometimes I think people who change the world that much aren't even aware of it, so I hope she is, and if she isn't aware of it, that she's blessed enough to make up for the not knowing.

Desiree

• Founding Backup #730 - mdoolittle @Jmoffet Can't believe I'm saying this, but listen to @swain1856
  • Web site Team
« Reply #141 on: June 18, 2008, 11:15:53 pm »
Wow, this thread is amazing.  I remember at one time talking with others about the Backups writing a Chicken Soup for the Soul kind of book.  This thread would be an amazing start if anyone wanted to revive the idea.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Sally

« Reply #142 on: June 18, 2008, 11:39:01 pm »
That idea actually came from our very special Baby Backup Lexi.  I think it would be fantastic as a gift for an occasion.

chris-play

« Reply #143 on: June 19, 2008, 12:07:45 am »
Wow, there is not much more left to say ... may be that not only Melinda but also the Backups ROCK  Rock On sign Rock On sign
Thanks Sally, and thank you Jena (or should I write Gina??) your testimonialS are precious gifts to our community  Big hug Big hug

Jena

« Reply #144 on: June 19, 2008, 01:32:17 am »
It's Jena, Cris; I know it's a strange spelling, lol.  I've been called everything from Jenna to Janna, but it's Jena pronounced Jeena. Smiley

Sally

« Reply #145 on: June 22, 2008, 08:28:54 pm »
I love this thread.

Jena

« Reply #146 on: July 02, 2008, 01:55:22 am »
This is one of my favorite threads, so I'm posting, in order that it will stay on page 1 for all new members to see.  Smiley

may19

« Reply #147 on: July 03, 2008, 05:50:13 pm »
Melinda is gifted with the power to inspire people to do good, not just for themselves but also for other people. It's amazing how she brought us together to be one big happy family, despite our differences in ages, races, interests, etc.  Amazingly , too, all we want is to be good persons like Melinda. I am from the Philippines and I may not speak the same language as everyone here but I know in my heart that we share in our love, respect, and admiration for Melinda, not just as a singer/performer, but more so as a person. I wish I can also express how I exactly feel as you all do. Bottomline is, I love Melinda and I love all she does for all of us. I hope I can really be part of this family, despite my being miles away. You guys are the best! I wish I can hug you too. While I can't do that just yet, may I give you this big online hug for now?   Group Hug Luv you guys!    Wink 

chris-play

« Reply #148 on: July 03, 2008, 06:08:02 pm »
Melinda is gifted with the power to inspire people to do good, not just for themselves but also for other people. It's amazing how she brought us together to be one big happy family, despite our differences in ages, races, interests, etc.  Amazingly , too, all we want is to be good persons like Melinda. I am from the Philippines and I may not speak the same language as everyone here but I know in my heart that we share in our love, respect, and admiration for Melinda, not just as a singer/performer, but more so as a person. I wish I can also express how I exactly feel as you all do. Bottomline is, I love Melinda and I love all she does for all of us. I hope I can really be part of this family, despite my being miles away. You guys are the best! I wish I can hug you too. While I can't do that just yet, may I give you this big online hug for now?   Group Hug Luv you guys!    Wink 

Of course you are welcome to this family May. There are many members from all around the world (I am from Italy!) and we are all here because we love Melinda and care for the same values she cares for  Big hug

Bernie

• Founding Backup #455
« Reply #149 on: July 03, 2008, 07:12:05 pm »
Hi, May, and welcome!

(Just happened again -- after all these "years" -- I looked at "May's picture", and said "oh, what a.....she even reminds..."  duh!).

Welcome, May!
Your supporter and fan in Boston, Bernie