Author Topic: MESSAGES TO MELINDA :)  (Read 59725 times)

Christina K

• Founding Backup #261
Re: MESSAGES TO MELINDA :)
« Reply #120 on: June 18, 2008, 07:16:19 am »
Melinda,
Just wanted to let you know I'm thinking about you and love you!
Love you heaps! Smiley

Gemini2

• Founding Backup #510
« Reply #121 on: June 18, 2008, 08:32:58 am »
Jena that was absolutely beautiful .

Your words paint the most beautiful pictures of not just the world around us....
......but of the way you feel and sense life to be.

Please never stop writing your very beautiful and sensitive words!

Jena

• happy bibliophile, and "crazy" cat lady
« Reply #122 on: June 18, 2008, 08:35:54 am »
Jena:

You may not see the words you write
but you write them so beautifully

You may not see the picture image
but you describe it so perfectly

You may not see our smiling faces
as we read the words you write

You see the world like no one does
through your heart, you give us sight

We love you Jena   Big hug
Don-naaaaa Crying Smiley Awww Big hug My message is no better, and no more special, than anyone else's.  Everybody in this forum expresses themselves beautifully in their love and respect for Melinda.  We can do no less, when she brought so many of us out of darkness, shining the softest yet most brilliant of lights until we could do nothing else but open our eyes to see it.

We (the backups) are in an unique time, place, and position.  We are so blessed to have been brought together by Melinda, and inspired to life-changing actions by her.  This time in our history and her career is connected, this forum, this group of people, is bonded in a way I don't know that anybody outside of it can understand or appreciate.  Everybody just cherish it, take lots of pictures and video, print these threads, do something to tangibly savor all of this, because fifty years from now, it may be hard to explain to your great-grandchildren how it was.  I can't think of a good example, but the closest I get is like, if you were around when Barry Gordy Jr. was founding Motown, or you were around for the Civil Rights movement, or you went to the Monterey Pop Festival and saw all those 60s icons who weren't yet icons, and if you were able to realize you were a part of something legendary.  Melinda has brought us together and inspired us to be better people, and now we're embarking on the mission of making a better world, meanwhile watching her dreams come true.  It's just an honor to be here, right now, with everybody.  WE are special, (not me, not at all), WE are, all of us together.

Thank you, Melinda, thank you so much for giving us ... all of this.  I don't know how else to say it.

I don't know how to say what is in my head; it doesn't look right written here, but I think everybody who reads it will understand even if I didn't make it clear.  If you're a backup, you get it.

Gemini2

• Founding Backup #510
« Reply #123 on: June 18, 2008, 09:10:10 am »
I'm a backup....and I definitely understand what you are trying to say!

It's a feeling ...a time and a place. And we are sharing it with Melinda all the way!

Alan

• Founding Backup #372
  • cool, steely master technophile.
    • Chandler's Zen
« Reply #124 on: June 18, 2008, 10:17:29 am »
Jena

I'm a Backup and I get it (and whatever you say, your - YOUR - words are beautiful).

For me this is a unique in a lifetime experience.  I don't know how it happened, but it did.  Now I am just riding the experience to see where it takes me.

Jessica

• Founding Backup #674
  • Her Most Excellent Majesty of the Royal Order of the Knights of Media
« Reply #125 on: June 18, 2008, 11:35:48 am »
We (the backups) are in an unique time, place, and position.  We are so blessed to have been brought together by Melinda, and inspired to life-changing actions by her.  This time in our history and her career is connected, this forum, this group of people, is bonded in a way I don't know that anybody outside of it can understand or appreciate.  Everybody just cherish it, take lots of pictures and video, print these threads, do something to tangibly savor all of this, because fifty years from now, it may be hard to explain to your great-grandchildren how it was.  I can't think of a good example, but the closest I get is like, if you were around when Barry Gordy Jr. was founding Motown, or you were around for the Civil Rights movement, or you went to the Monterey Pop Festival and saw all those 60s icons who weren't yet icons, and if you were able to realize you were a part of something legendary.  Melinda has brought us together and inspired us to be better people, and now we're embarking on the mission of making a better world, meanwhile watching her dreams come true.  It's just an honor to be here, right now, with everybody.  WE are special, (not me, not at all), WE are, all of us together.

Thank you, Melinda, thank you so much for giving us ... all of this.  I don't know how else to say it.

I don't know how to say what is in my head; it doesn't look right written here, but I think everybody who reads it will understand even if I didn't make it clear.  If you're a backup, you get it.

Jena, I understand what you mean. And I think we all do.

What happened to us is something hard to explain. I never knew I could love people I've never met so much!

You're right when you say that people outside of it will never understand what we have. But we know what we have and we're thankful for it.

I feel honored to be a part of this.

may19

« Reply #126 on: June 18, 2008, 01:32:08 pm »
When it's the heart that talks and listens, only a few can understand. I can totally relate to everybody here. I am from the Philippines, and it's my first time to ever, ever love an artist ( and a foreign artist, for that matter) this MUCH! Even my closest friend sometimes doesn't understand me, although she doesn't argue that Melinda is the best singer Idol has ever seen.

Melinda has touched my life and i don't know how she did it. From the very first time I saw her in the audition, I told myself I was going to follow her climb to the finals. I was one of those who almost crushed the TV set when she was eliminated. I felt I,  like the rest of the world, was deprived of what could have been the  best Idol finals ever with Melinda.

For the first time, too, I searched for anything Melinda in the internet and downloaded all her Idol performances and would watch them almost everyday (at least when I have time as I am busy with work). I'd always listen to her songs while I drive my car. I just really can't get enough of her.

Melinda is simply a great inspiration. The backups and her other millions of fans are proof to that. She is beautiful inside and out, very inteligent, funny, compassionate, etc. I can go on describing her forever and only good things will come out. She's just amazing!!!

She tells everyone to dream big. I do, too. My biggest dream is to meet her one day and give her a big hug.

She's my American Idol. She's the best Idol ever. I love her so much and I know it will take only Melinda to understand how I feel, how we feel. I love you guys! Smiley

Hugs,

May

Alan

• Founding Backup #372
    • Chandler's Zen
« Reply #127 on: June 18, 2008, 01:45:55 pm »

She tells everyone to dream big. I do, too. My biggest dream is to meet her one day and give her a big hug.

May

Keep dreaming.  I live in London - but look at my Avatar.  Anything is possible (and that really happened - just look at the board about Franklin

http://www.melindasbackups.com/forum/index.php?board=28.0 )

World Hug

may19

« Reply #128 on: June 18, 2008, 02:21:54 pm »
I will , Allan. I know I'll see her one day. By the way, I saw your "Inspired by Melinda" video and I was inspired even more. Smiley

Alan

• Founding Backup #372
    • Chandler's Zen
« Reply #129 on: June 18, 2008, 02:30:59 pm »
I will , Allan. I know I'll see her one day. By the way, I saw your "Inspired by Melinda" video and I was inspired even more. Smiley

So glad you liked it - I don't know where you saw it. It is of course on this site (http://www.melindasbackups.com/forum/index.php?topic=119.0), but I also released it to youtube as I see it as a documentary about the very start of Melinda's Backups

may19

« Reply #130 on: June 18, 2008, 02:43:14 pm »
Saw it in You tube. I'm an obsessed Melinda fan who would surf the net for anything Melinda.Smiley I'm happy to be in this site. Smiley

donna

• Founding Backup #695
  • Wise, strongwilled, intuitive
« Reply #131 on: June 18, 2008, 03:03:57 pm »
We all understand what you mean Jena. That is why we are still here and will keep coming back. When Melinda first came along, I just had these feelings of admiration for her and for the people on this forum. I spent hours here and I thought I was crazy and this isn't normal. Who else would spend hours upon hours watching Melinda sing the same songs over and over. Who else would save almost a thousand pictures of Melinda on their computer. Who else would try to read everything about her. I even tried not to have these feelings but they never went away. Soon I found out I wasn't the only one with these feelings. I have never felt this way about a group of people before. Yes, we are unique and this is a special place and time. And now I know I am not crazy. I can't imagine where I would be today if I hadn't seen Melinda on TV or came across this forum. I would never have known this special group of people or how wonderful life could be. I would never have known what I am capable of if I didn't have Melinda and this group to encourage me. Life has it's ups and downs but now I can ride the roller coaster with my eyes open and my hands free in the air to feel the wind at my palms. I'm enjoying the ride.

Jena, don't ever worry about your words not sounding perfect. They are perfect. They come from the heart and you express yourself beautifully. Sometimes I struggle for hours when I write a poem because the words don't seem to come together. But eventually it does if I let my mind relax and put myself in a calm place. The reason I love this forum is because we have fun here. Everyone is unique and expresses themselves in incredible ways. I have never come across a group of people that are incredibly brilliant, caring, talented, humorous, encouraging  and motivating. We are from all walks of life. This is an incredible journey that will last. And it is amazing how it all started with a voice. A voice that speaks volumes. Ahhhh..... "A VOICE".  I see another poem forming.

To Melinda and all backups.    Big hug World Hug

Tiger

• Founding Backup
« Reply #132 on: June 18, 2008, 03:25:04 pm »
Like all of you, I am amazed at how people from all over the world connected because of Melinda's voice.  A voice that she found almost by accident (no plans of auditioning, but she got caught by this AI current and the rest is history).  Her "lead" voice is the voice that has brought us together...changed her lives, ours and people all over the world.  I am glad Melinda found her lead voice...and that she was willing to follow where God is taking her.  Like all of you...I'm here for the ride and here to go the distance with y'all.  I LOVE YOU Melinda and backups!  Big hug Big hug Big hug
Don't look down on small beginnings - Melinda.

FanofMelinda

• Baby Backup
« Reply #133 on: June 18, 2008, 08:17:32 pm »
Melinda, you amazed me on American Idol and you still do today.  Thanks for all you have done in showing the world Christians CAN be cool people! God bless!  Rose
 Bye bye
~Ashley

Sally

« Reply #134 on: June 18, 2008, 09:10:22 pm »
Jena your words are beautiful and written so clearly to the point. Each of us has expressed our feelings - yes I agree to that, but my friend you truly are a talented writer.

I am glad that Jena revived this thread because I don't think I ever truly shared where I was before Melinda.  To make a very long story short my husband Harry passed away 5 years ago very suddenly. I was 46 at the time and burried in anger, pain and shock. A year later I fell working and broke 2 vertebre's in my back and my whole lifestyle changed completely. I had to slowly learn pain management, and to do things differently. Today, I can walk, stand and move around but have yet to master distance. The entire combination of everything threw me into what I call the funky I don't care mode. The doctors had me on so much medication I really don't think I knew what planet I was on.  And then I started to skip my pain meds because I wanted to feel my brain work.  Started doing lots of gentle exercises and deep breathing exercises as well. It was about this time that Melinda's audition appeared on the television and I honestly sat on the edge of my seat with my mouth wide open, teary eyed with the OMG reaction and said wow this is our next Idol for sure. Never, ever did I follow an Idol like this. Slowly Melinda just grabbed at me with her faith, her sincerity, honesty and of course beautiful music.  I ventured to the American Idol boards and started praying and praying and my life began to change drastically.  Finally, when our Melinda sang There Will Come A Day and she was practically jumping for joy on the stage, I knew in my heart right there without words the message she was delivering  - knew for sure that God did indeed love me and did not leave me high and dry.

It has been 16 months and my life is different. My cousin told me just the other day.  Sally, I don't know how to say this but for about the past year you are so different. Your full of joy and love for others and you smile and laugh.  Just today I was able to vacumm, do laundry,  dishes and mop the floor, moving around correctly and without pain. This reminds me that things cound of been a lot worse and just how lucky I am.  This is my story. And for me Melinda carries Gods love directly to our hearts and I will always be here with my Backup family loving you and our Melinda.  Thanks for listening guys.

I truly do Love You ALL!

Hugs / Love,  Sally
« Last Edit: June 18, 2008, 09:58:28 pm by Sally »

hilarious