Author Topic: MESSAGES TO MELINDA :)  (Read 59633 times)

angel4peace

Re: MESSAGES TO MELINDA :)
« Reply #105 on: October 18, 2007, 09:21:47 pm »
Melinda-

Hi Bye bye you have changed me in so many ways and first of all I want to Thank You. Now I'm going to tell you all the ways you have changed me. You've made me realize looks aren't everything in what's on the inside that counts. I'm not a pretty by any means, been tease for years. But you have given me the confidence to not care what people think as much now. You have also made my faith in God STRONGEr and I want to give a BIG HUG Big hug Melinda God Bless You FOR YOUR SWEET HEART. The truely shines through you.

LOTS OF LOVE!

Joan From Milwaukee
I just want you to know I think you are very pretty , inside and outside!!!! Beauty is as Beauty does! And you are a very pretty girl!

Mu Doo

• Founding Backup #553 Melinda's precious
  • 'the eyes are blind. One must look with the heart'
« Reply #106 on: November 01, 2007, 02:22:11 am »
I love you so much!!!   Big hug

Forever!!  Wub
My Patrick, my Des, my Cathy and my Maria, thanks for everything you have done for me! I love you to life!!! Thanks all Backups.
"You are such a gift!  To think that almost a world away, we have found such a friendship, is a tribute to you and your amazing heart.  Thank you so much for all that you are."
"PS  I had the best time during your visit here.  You can't imagine!  You are one ball of pure joy!."

meldoo1

« Reply #107 on: November 04, 2007, 01:16:07 pm »
Okay, I can't find the thread that had your chicken soup story in it,  DunnoDuh so I will post this here. Smiley

Mel,
        I read your story, it was beautifully written, and SO inspirational. It brought tears to my eyes.   Now I have a little story for you.  I was so distraught after you got eliminated from AI, I wasn't going to watch the finale.  I didn't want to miss an opportunity to hear you sing, even if I had to sit through the rest of it, so I went over to my parents house, and spent the night there so I could watch it with my mom. I was there last year for the finale, so it's kind of a ritual now.  We were in the living room, my father, who has absolutely NO interest in AI, didn't watch a bit of it, thinks it's a silly show, was watching tv in his bedroom.  He happened to come out during your performance with the Winans. CeCe was singing, and we all know that she has an amazing voice, but she's not the one that stopped him. When you started to sing, he stopped, in his tracks,  on the way to the refrigerator, looked at the TV and said, now SHE has a nice voice! Who is that?
(He didn't know the can of worms he opened then, LOL, I went into my tirade about who you were and how you should've won...)

My dear, your prayers were answered..tenfold.    Rose

Hug  Stacia

ghopper

• Founding Backup #492
« Reply #108 on: November 04, 2007, 05:07:47 pm »
Okay, I can't find the thread that had your chicken soup story in it,  DunnoDuh so I will post this here. Smiley

Mel,
        I read your story, it was beautifully written, and SO inspirational. It brought tears to my eyes.   Now I have a little story for you.  I was so distraught after you got eliminated from AI, I wasn't going to watch the finale.  I didn't want to miss an opportunity to hear you sing, even if I had to sit through the rest of it, so I went over to my parents house, and spent the night there so I could watch it with my mom. I was there last year for the finale, so it's kind of a ritual now.  We were in the living room, my father, who has absolutely NO interest in AI, didn't watch a bit of it, thinks it's a silly show, was watching tv in his bedroom.  He happened to come out during your performance with the Winans. CeCe was singing, and we all know that she has an amazing voice, but she's not the one that stopped him. When you started to sing, he stopped, in his tracks,  on the way to the refrigerator, looked at the TV and said, now SHE has a nice voice! Who is that?
(He didn't know the can of worms he opened then, LOL, I went into my tirade about who you were and how you should've won...)

My dear, your prayers were answered..tenfold.    Rose

Hug  Stacia

I had an almost identical experience as you, Stacia, but with my hubby.  He absolutely won't have anything to do with AI, thinks it's a silly, glorified karaoke contest where the contestants cannot even sing in tune (true for some, I guess).  Well, a few months ago, I had to drive his car because mine was in the shop for the whole week.  So I popped in Melinda's CD (I never leave home without it) and forgot to take it out when I gave the car back to him.  So that night, he asked me who the artist was on the CD I had left in his car and said he could listen to her all day.  Well, that was his undoing because he had to sit there for the next hour to hear my story about the whole AI saga with Melinda.  Needless to say, he never gave back my Melinda CD.  But I noticed his CD player is stuck on Melinda's tracks.  Yes, God has answered Melinda's prayers a hundredfold.
  Late Night Vamp Club
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What you are is God's gift to you;  What you make of yourself is your gift to God.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

meldoo1

« Reply #109 on: November 06, 2007, 09:22:46 pm »

I had an almost identical experience as you, Stacia, but with my hubby.  He absolutely won't have anything to do with AI, thinks it's a silly, glorified karaoke contest where the contestants cannot even sing in tune (true for some, I guess).  Well, a few months ago, I had to drive his car because mine was in the shop for the whole week.  So I popped in Melinda's CD (I never leave home without it) and forgot to take it out when I gave the car back to him.  So that night, he asked me who the artist was on the CD I had left in his car and said he could listen to her all day.  Well, that was his undoing because he had to sit there for the next hour to hear my story about the whole AI saga with Melinda.  Needless to say, he never gave back my Melinda CD.  But I noticed his CD player is stuck on Melinda's tracks.  Yes, God has answered Melinda's prayers a hundredfold.

Huzzah! That is AWESOME Maria!  Huzzah!
Isn't it amazing to watch someone transform into a Melinda fan right before your eyes??
I was at my parents house last week, and we watched Mel sing the National Anthem on youtube. My father had tears in his eyes, and said how she sang it with SUCH emotion, and my mother said it gave her goosebumps.  (YES Mel, goosebumps are good.  Wink )
My father then asked when her cd will be coming out. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Shari

• Founding Backup
    • my blog
« Reply #110 on: December 06, 2007, 07:52:20 pm »
I know I left you this message on myspace too, Melinda, but I wasn't sure which place you'd have time to check (things have to be so crazy and busy for you now!!) ... and this is just something that I really needed to say to you.

I really need to thank you for (even though you don't know it) helping me to smile on what was one of the most difficult days ever.

Today was really, really tough for me. The news anchor who inspired me to go into journalism & who has been my mentor for over eight years now (and the one who first gave me my "Dream Big; Work Hard" motto) is leaving our ABC affiliate to take a full time anchor job in Washington DC, after being here for nearly 15 years. Words cannot express how thrilled I am for her; she is the most amazing journalist, and she deserves this incredible opportunity more than anyone I know. Her last day here is tomorrow, and I went back to the station to say "until I see you again" to her this morning. It was one of the most difficult things I have ever had to do in my entire life. How do you say goodbye to someone who has had such a profound impact on your life? How do you say goodbye to someone who has so inspired you and gone so far above and beyond for you? How do you say goodbye to your mentor? It was honestly one of the hardest things I ever had to do. I cried the entire way home ... until I put on the cd of your studio performances (from iTunes) and got to the line "hold on to your faith" in "There Will Come A Day." I came home and looked at the inspiring words you wrote to me on Saturday night ... and I'm not crying anymore; I'm smiling.

Thank you for reminding me to always dream big. I don't think you know quite how much you inspire people and the faith that you give them. I'm not sure I can explain to you how much you've influenced so many people's lives, including mine. Thank you for making me smile on one of the most difficult days ever, thank you for reminding me yet again to dream big and work hard to make those dreams come true, thank you for being an inspiration. You truly do touch so many people's lives, including mine, without even knowing it, and I just needed to thank you for that. You're the best, Melinda!!

<3,
Shari
*Dream Big; Work Hard*

Christina K

• Founding Backup #261
« Reply #111 on: December 07, 2007, 09:46:53 pm »
Dearest Melinda,
Thank you so much for being the start of this beautiful new family.. Everyone coming together to support you, and each other..It is simply amazing. I don't think any other contestant has made such an affect as you have on the lives of others. thank you for being such an inspiration to us.

I love you,
christina
Love you heaps! Smiley

Jena

• happy bibliophile, and "crazy" cat lady
« Reply #112 on: June 17, 2008, 12:10:30 pm »
This was the letter I wrote to Melinda for Megan's marathon scrapbook.  I want to post it here, because it sums up how Melinda has changed my life, and/or why she is so important to me.  I know everybody else said their messages last fall, and though I'm late, here's mine.

Dear Melinda,

I've never tried to thank someone for reshaping my destiny (especially not in 250 words or less), so I'm notsure how to go about it.  Since this scrapbook is for the marathon, I have to tell you that my part in it was minimal.  All I did is make a donation to a worthy cause.  I joined the backups seven weeks ago, so I didn't have time to do much else, but I want to tell you the ways in which my life is blessed because of you.

Your beautiful speaking and singing voice got my attention.  It was your way of being that changed my life.  I went blind shortly after birth, but I grew up with complete confidence that I was going to make a difference in the world.  I got as far as a degree in psychology, and then I lost my remaining light perception.  That wasn't so bad, but it caused a severe sleep disorder, which left me unable to work.  Overnight, I became everything I feared, everything I didn't want to be, everything I had vowed I'd never be.  My most prized posession in this world was gone, my independence.  I lost touch with friends, because I felt that I had nothing to offer in a friendship.  I can't think of much that feels worse for an adult than knowing you're so richly blessed and that you should be blessing someone else, but finding no ways to help that won't create burdens for others.  For a very long time, I existed, but I did not live,,, until I heard you sing.

Something about your voice, or maybe just the way you presented yourself, awakened me from that slumber of self-doubt.  I wanted to buy MFV and see your Idol performances again, and that motivated me to buy a computer, something I had resisted because I had lost my self-confidence and I didn't believe I could learn such a complex and dynamic visual environment (Windows and the Internet) using only speech.  "Experts" in the field told me it would be a year and a half before I could learn enough to go online.  So I taught myself, using software help systems and manuals.  I made it online in 36 hours.  I found the backups' forum, and new friends.  The backups welcomed me, accepted me, and gave me a chance to make a difference in the world with projects for Malaria No More.  I had come to believe I couldn't make a difference for anybody else, if I couldn't even make one for myself.  My new friends liked my writing, and they encouraged me to pursue it as a career instead of just a passion.  They started encouraging eight days ago, and I'm in an online writers' workshop, as well as a website where I can write for money.  However meager the beginning, I'm just glad to be doing something worthwhile.  None of these things would have happened without your influence.

Somebody asked me once, if I knew what an angel was, since I couldn't see representations of them, or hear them, or touch them.  This is what I see.,,,  Angels wear halos of faith, that shine with the softest of lights, because they know that a harsh light would push people away.  They live their faith sweetly and simply, because they know that demanding faith from others is no way to show the meaning of God's love.  They share their blessings even when they have very little, and because of their generosity, others are motivated to share, until the world is no longer in need.  They love to give, because they know that to give is to truly receive.  They are gracious and humble, because they know the truth of everything is in the Lord's praise of them, not man's.  They are joyous in their faith, because they know their home is with Jesus.  They speak in gentle voices that make kings and princes bend down to listen, and commoners stand up to be counted.  They have wings of music they can spread over the world, so they can reach all the souls who need them through the sound of an universal language that defies all communication barriers, and when they have brought all the lost and needy souls close to listen, they fold their musical wings, so that all the souls come together to form a family, where the strengths of each cancels out the weaknesses of the others.  This is my description of an angel, and I hope it won't freak you out or make you feel uncomfortable, if I tell you that I believe you are an angel to this world.  Thank you so much, Melinda,,, for everything.  It is an honor to be one of your backups.

Bernie

• Founding Backup #455
« Reply #113 on: June 17, 2008, 07:58:49 pm »
Oh, Jena! That is profoundly beautiful and touching.  Melinda and you are both amazing, exceptional, inspiring, life-changing persons.  Good luck to you in your struggle, and I'm so glad that you found Melinda and we found you.... thanks for sharing!

Bernie
Your supporter and fan in Boston, Bernie

MelindaRules1987

• Founding Backup
« Reply #114 on: June 17, 2008, 08:41:05 pm »
That was a wonderful letter, Jena!

xldb

« Reply #115 on: June 17, 2008, 08:50:06 pm »
Jena, that was absolutely amazing.  It was a pleasure to read.   I know that you will be successful in your writing because words are your friends. 

Carol
Founding Backup #705

Sally

« Reply #116 on: June 17, 2008, 08:52:23 pm »
Jena, that is one of the most beautiful descriptions of our Melinda that I read. Thank you. And yes, keep on writing dear heart. And by the way, we  are so glad you are a part of our family. Big hug

angel4peace

« Reply #117 on: June 17, 2008, 11:58:37 pm »
Jena, that was absolutely amazing.  It was a pleasure to read.   I know that you will be successful in your writing because words are your friends. 

Carol

Jena
Thank you for sharing that with us. You have described Melinda perfectly! And, I agree with Carol, you will be a very successful writer because words are your friends and you paint pictures with them.  Rose

californiafan

• Founding Backup #706
« Reply #118 on: June 18, 2008, 03:15:38 am »
Jena, you are a gifted writer. Please have confidence in yourself and continue to pursue your passion. What an exquisite picture you painted with words. You held me spellbound. Thanks!   Heartbeat

donna

• Founding Backup #695
  • Wise, strongwilled, intuitive
« Reply #119 on: June 18, 2008, 06:51:49 am »
Jena:

You may not see the words you write
but you write them so beautifully

You may not see the picture image
but you describe it so perfectly

You may not see our smiling faces
as we read the words you write