Author Topic: Let's Kick Off The New Year With Malaria No More!  (Read 6396 times)

Sally

Let's Kick Off The New Year With Malaria No More!
« on: December 12, 2007, 12:58:10 am »
Guys I have an idea and I hope that you will join me in this effort. Many of our Backups will be taking part in the marathon for Malaria No More this spring. Well I would like to kick it up a notch and start celebrating it on New Years Day!

I would be thirlled if many of us would come together and donate a bednet on New Years day in honor of Melinda to celebrate the upcoming marathon. This project is near and dear to Melinda and I know it is also very close to our hearts. Let's start saving lives on New Years Day guys.

You can make donations at mnm@melindasbackups.com. Checks can be made out to:  Malaria No More to: MNM Marathon, P.O. Box 72053, Louisville, KY  40272. The New Year Challenge, lets help wipe out this dreaded disease one bednet at a time. Thanks guys.

Sara99

• Founding Backup
Re: Let's Kick Off The New Year With Malaria No More!
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2007, 01:36:55 am »
Guys I have an idea and I hope that you will join me in this effort. Many of our Backups will be taking part in the marathon for Malaria No More this spring. Well I would like to kick it up a notch and start celebrating it on New Years Day!

I would be thirlled if many of us would come together and donate a bednet on New Years day in honor of Melinda to celebrate the upcoming marathon. This project is near and dear to Melinda and I know it is also very close to our hearts. Let's start saving lives on New Years Day guys.

You can make donations at mnm@melindasbackups.com. Checks can be made out to:  Malaria No More to: MNM Marathon, P.O. Box 72053, Louisville, KY  40272. The New Year Challenge, lets help wipe out this dreaded disease one bednet at a time. Thanks guys.

Thank you Sally for bringing attention to this project!!  Big hug
I am grateful to you and hope everyone will step up to the challenge and pitch in to help.
What better way to start the new year! Thumbs Up
Sara

LuvHer

• Founding Backup #434
  • Gentle, bookworm, fun-loving, empathetic
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2007, 02:11:05 am »
Count me in for 5.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
"... Just as Jesus created wine from water, we humans are capable of transmuting emotion into music..."
Carlos Santana

Sally

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2007, 02:15:40 am »
Cool, thanks LuvHer.  I will be defrinitely doing at least one and more if I am able to. Thank You!

Lexi (LMMD)

• Founding Backup #716
  • Engaging, bright, ambitious, kind
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2007, 03:04:54 am »
That sounds great Moma Sally! I will ask my mom about it Thumbs Up Love ya! Big hug
We did it!

angel4peace

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2007, 04:02:55 am »

What a great idea Sally , on the first I will donate at least one bednet.
 Rose Rose Rose

Sally

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2007, 04:53:42 am »
[bThank you Angel.  Big hug

donna

• Founding Backup #695
  • Wise, strongwilled, intuitive
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2007, 05:18:25 am »
I plan to donate one bed net every month for the coming year.

chris-play

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2007, 01:37:16 am »
Great idea Sally!
I am going to donate, too. Don't know how much yet, but I will!!!

And I am also one of those crazy Backups who will walk/run the half marathon! If I can do it ... many of us can. So why don't you set a goal and think to spend your vacation with us all in Nashville?? I tell you, it is worth the time, the money, and the energy!
I promise that I will be at my best and geegle and geegle and geegle  Rolling On Floor Laughing Rolling On Floor Laughing Rolling On Floor Laughing and cheer you all up!
After the race I can even start telling Italian jokes ...  Super excited Yikes

Christina K

• Founding Backup #261
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2007, 08:44:31 pm »
I think this is a great idea! Also, in addition to this fantastic idea.. Please look under the new years project.. I have added another element so check it out and participate.. even if you can take an hour.. check out the 2nd part..I modified it so check it out. Smiley You guys are so awesome.

we only need 6pm and midnight covered.. Yeah! Smiley

Great idea Sally! Smiley I'll be sending in mine soon! Smiley
Love you heaps! Smiley

Sally

« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2007, 12:07:13 am »
Thanks guys. Any more takers for New Years day? Feel free to join us in kicking off the spring marathon.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2007, 06:37:46 pm by Sally »

Elcondado

• Founding Backup #603, Cathy
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2007, 08:03:22 am »
Great idea Sally!
I am going to donate, too. Don't know how much yet, but I will!!!

And I am also one of those crazy Backups who will walk/run the half marathon! If I can do it ... many of us can. So why don't you set a goal and think to spend your vacation with us all in Nashville?? I tell you, it is worth the time, the money, and the energy!
I promise that I will be at my best and geegle and geegle and geegle  Rolling On Floor Laughing Rolling On Floor Laughing Rolling On Floor Laughing and cheer you all up!
After the race I can even start telling Italian jokes ...  Super excited Yikes

Yes Sally, thanks for your post....we all need to donate to support this great cause, and to support the walk/runners....and if there are more walkers or runners out there that haven't signed up yet, you will be missing a very good time.....geegles telling Italian jokes....priceless... Super excited
 banana dance Dancing Banana banana dance Dancing Banana banana dance Dancing Banana So, please join us.

Sally

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2007, 03:10:44 am »
Any more takers for News Day, join us guys and lets continue to save lives $10.00 at a time. It would be great if all disease and illnesses could be fixed $10.00 at a time. So, come on give me an M N M. Together we can do lots!

Desiree

• Founding Backup #730 - mdoolittle @Jmoffet Can't believe I'm saying this, but listen to @swain1856
  • Web site Team
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2007, 06:55:04 am »
Sally, keep in mind that the regular season football pool ends Dec 30th so lots of people will be donating to MNM on or around Jan 1st!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Sally

« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2007, 09:19:33 pm »
Thanks Desiree.