I don't know about you, but sometimes when I commit to praying for someone, it really helps to have some direction to know how to pray, or even a springboard to get me started. For that reason, I decided to include some of the specific scriptures I have prayed for Melinda on her Idol Journey, throughout the tour, and as she begins this new season of her life. We know that when we pray according to Scripture, we can be sure it is "God breathed" and according to His plan and purpose. Of course, it is not an all-inclusive list of scriptures that are appropriate; I started in Paul's letters, and this is what I came up with before the "deadline" I gave myself. I hope it helps guide our prayers for Melinda in the new year.
• Galatians 5:25– Pray that Melinda would not only live by the Spirit, but that she would keep in step with the Spirit as well. Pray for her to walk with Him, not in front, not behind.
• Ephesians 1:17-18 – Pray that God would give her a Spirit of wisdom to know him better, and that the eyes of her heart would be enlightened so she may know the hope to which she has been called.
• Epesians 1:19-21 – Pray that she may know the incomparably great power of God that is at her disposal, which is the same power that God used to raise Christ from the dead
• Ephesians 2:14 – Pray that God Himself would truly be her peace in everything she faces in the new year
• Ephesians 2:22 – Pray that Melinda would continue to be built together to become a dwelling in which God lives by His Spirit
• Ephesians 3:16-17 – Pray that out of the glorious riches of God, she may be strengthened in her inner being so that Christ may dwell in her heart
• Ephesians 3:17-18 – Pray that she would be rooted and established in love, and would have the power to grasp how truly wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ
• Ephesians 3:19 – Pray that she may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God
• Ephesians 5:8 – Pray that she would continue to live as a child of light and that people would see that light in her that comes from the Lord
• Ephesians 6:10-18 – Pray that she would go through each day with the armor of God in place so that when difficulties come, she may stand her ground
o Belt of truth
o Breastplate of righteousness
o Feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace
o Shield of faith – to extinguish the flaming arrows of the evil one
o Helmet of salvation
o Sword of the Spirit – the Word of God
o Pray in the Spirit
• Philippians 1:9 – Pray that her love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, that she may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless, filled with the fruit of righteousness
• Philippians 3:14 – Pray that Melinda would press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called her
• Philippians 4:6-7 – Pray that she would not be anxious about anything in this new year, but that she would present her requests to God with thanksgiving, knowing the peace of God will guard her heart and mind in Christ Jesus
• Colossians 1:9 – Pray that God would fill her with the knowledge of his perfect will through all spiritual wisdom and understanding
• Colossians 1:10-11 – Pray that she would bear fruit in every good work (the fruit that lasts), grow in her knowledge of God, be strengthened with all power so that she may have endurance and patience, and that she would continue to joyfully give thanks to the Father in all circumstances
• Colossians 3:17 – Pray that whatever she does, in word or deed, that it would be done in the name of our Lord Jesus