Author Topic: Project New Years! :)  (Read 10397 times)

Babz

Re: Project New Years! :)
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2007, 02:49:17 am »
i'd love to participate...i'll take any afternoon hour available

donna

• Founding Backup #695
  • Wise, strongwilled, intuitive
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2007, 03:28:08 am »
I will take the 9pm slot.

Christina K

• Founding Backup #261
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2007, 06:25:47 am »
Thanks you guys! Smiley  World Hug

Donna, I've got you signed up for 9pm and babz019 for 3 pm. Smiley it's updated already. Smiley thanks for joining! Smiley
Love you heaps! Smiley

Christina K

• Founding Backup #261
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2007, 06:35:46 am »
I will present this prayer wheel to her right before new years eve..

I thought we could also have everyone, even if you can't fill in a time slot.. write a short paragraph or page of wishes and or prayers you have for melinda for the coming year.
I will compile them all together in an album for her. Smiley You can email them to me at ckoskinen2@aol.com or send them to me via mail too if you'd like. Smiley
anyone crafty that may have any ideas or want to help..let me know. Smiley thanks.
Love you heaps! Smiley

Backup641

• Founding Backup #641
  • Keeper of Melinda's OCD
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2007, 03:02:45 am »
Sign me up for whichever midnight it is that rings in the new year!  Great idea Christina! 
Linda
http://www.myspace.com/melsbackup4eva

Let's see... JESUS, EAT, SLEEP... yep, sounds like Melinda has her priorities straight to me!

crispy

• Founding Backup #465
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2007, 06:07:35 am »
You can put me in a PM slot, can't quite to an AM one  Well DUH  LOL sign\

Great idea Christina! I pray for Melinda every night but for us to do it all over the world to bring in the new year is just  Lightup

World Hug

Christina K

• Founding Backup #261
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2007, 04:43:04 pm »
Thanks christina and linda! I will update it right now. Smiley Did you want to write out new years wishes to add to the album?
Love you heaps! Smiley

Holly

• Founding Backup # 558
  • Live life with no regrets!
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2007, 04:45:45 pm »
Can I do the 7 or 8 am time slot.............   Great Idea............ Big hug

Christina K

• Founding Backup #261
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2007, 07:58:07 pm »
THanks so much Holly! Smiley I will put ya down for the 7am time slot! Smiley please spread the word so more can participate. Smiley thanks! Smiley
Love you heaps! Smiley

Christina K

• Founding Backup #261
New Years
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2007, 02:29:19 am »
Hey, I still need a few more time slots needed to be filled in under the new years project so please check it out and see if you can help in any way.

I also added another part if you can't fill in a time slot..some new year wishes so be sure to check that out..I added it at the bottom of the thread. Smiley

thanks for your help guys! Smiley Love you!  World Hug
Love you heaps! Smiley

jmfried11

« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2007, 02:54:43 am »
I don't know about you, but sometimes when I commit to praying for someone, it really helps to have some direction to know how to pray, or even a springboard to get me started.  For that reason, I decided to include some of the specific scriptures I have prayed for Melinda on her Idol Journey, throughout the tour, and as she begins this new season of her life.  We know that when we pray according to Scripture, we can be sure it is "God breathed" and according to His plan and purpose.  Of course, it is not an all-inclusive list of scriptures that are appropriate; I started in Paul's letters, and this is what I came up with before the "deadline" I gave myself.  I hope it helps guide our prayers for Melinda in the new year. 

Blessings!
Jamie

Galatians 5:25– Pray that Melinda would not only live by the Spirit, but that she would keep in step with the Spirit as well.  Pray for her to walk with Him, not in front, not behind.
•  Ephesians 1:17-18 – Pray that God would give her a Spirit of wisdom to know him better, and that the eyes of her heart would be enlightened so she may know the hope to which she has been called.
•  Epesians 1:19-21 – Pray that she may know the incomparably great power of God that is at her disposal, which is the same power that God used to raise Christ from the dead
•  Ephesians 2:14 – Pray that God Himself would truly be her peace in everything she faces in the new year
•  Ephesians 2:22 – Pray that Melinda would continue to be built together to become a dwelling in which God lives by His Spirit
•  Ephesians 3:16-17 – Pray that out of the glorious riches of God, she may be strengthened in her inner being so that Christ may dwell in her heart
•  Ephesians 3:17-18 – Pray that she would be rooted and established in love, and would have the power to grasp how truly wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ
•  Ephesians 3:19 – Pray that she may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God
•  Ephesians 5:8 – Pray that she would continue to live as a child of light and that people would see that light in her that comes from the Lord
•  Ephesians 6:10-18 – Pray that she would go through each day with the armor of God in place so that when difficulties come, she may stand her ground
             o   Belt of truth
             o   Breastplate of righteousness
             o   Feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace
             o   Shield of faith – to extinguish the flaming arrows of the evil one
             o   Helmet of salvation
             o   Sword of the Spirit – the Word of God
             o   Pray in the Spirit
Philippians 1:9 – Pray that her love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, that she may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless, filled with the fruit of righteousness
•  Philippians 3:14 – Pray that Melinda would press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called her
•  Philippians 4:6-7 – Pray that she would not be anxious about anything in this new year, but that she would present her requests to God with thanksgiving, knowing the peace of God will guard her heart and mind in Christ Jesus
•  Colossians 1:9 – Pray that God would fill her with the knowledge of his perfect will through all spiritual wisdom and understanding
•  Colossians 1:10-11 – Pray that she would bear fruit in every good work (the fruit that lasts), grow in her knowledge of God, be strengthened with all power so that she may have endurance and patience, and that she would continue to joyfully give thanks to the Father in all circumstances
•  Colossians 3:17 – Pray that whatever she does, in word or deed, that it would be done in the name of our Lord Jesus

Christina K

• Founding Backup #261
« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2007, 06:59:22 am »
These scriptures are so awesome! Thanks for taking the time to do this! Smiley continue to tell your friends and family..we still need some spots covered! Smiley thanks! Smiley
Love you heaps! Smiley

#1houstonfan

• Founding Backup
  • The keeper of her cuteness!!!
« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2007, 03:10:19 pm »
I will take a slot.. what ever is convenient

Melissa   Rose

Melissa and Megan

Christina K

• Founding Backup #261
« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2007, 08:29:50 pm »
Hey Melissa,
did you have a preference of which time slot?
Love you heaps! Smiley

Christina K

• Founding Backup #261
« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2007, 05:14:06 am »
 banana dance yeah! we have almost all the spots filled!

all we need is Midnight to be filled.. any takers? Smiley
Love you heaps! Smiley

hilarious