Author Topic: *MUAH*  (Read 8080 times)

Melinda

• Queen of our Hearts and Head of our most humble Family
*MUAH*
« on: April 19, 2008, 07:35:39 am »
Hey ya'll!
I just wanted to drop in and let you know what's going on these days. I will put this on myspace too, but I wanted to get something to you guys first.
For starters...thank you, thank you, thank you for the beautiful flowers!!! It has been absolutely amazing to have a "backup presence" in every single city of this ice cream tour. I took very silly pics with the flowers, but somewhere in my move, I lost the cord to hook my camera to my computer. I'll find it because I think you guys will enjoy them. I can't wait to see some of you in Philly! It might be a weird one, though, because the hugest primary is happening Tuesday in Philly. Fun times. Maybe I could stand outside of the polls and offer them ice cream...
Anyway, this week also ends in Malaria Awareness Day! Friday, April 25th is the day and I'm so excited to get the chance to get more word out there about malaria eradication. I also wanted to share with you guys that I get to do some really awesome things to bring awareness. Thursday, I am leaving Philly to go to Washington, DC to do an event with the First Lady and then I am heading to Connecticut to do an event on Friday with the President. I am so excited to be getting these huge opportunities to bring awareness! Don't worry runners, I am making sure I can get back in time to cheer you on!!! Hopefully I can get back early enough Friday night to see you guys before you're all sweaty...  :-)
So, the prayer request for the day week would be rest!!! Kelley and I are headed to Scottsdale, AZ Saturday for an AT&T event and then on to Philly and so on....
Fun, sleepy times!
I love you guys and I am so grateful yet again because I can't do this without you.
Good night or morning or whatever it is.....

Backup641

• Founding Backup #641
  • Keeper of Melinda's OCD
Re: *MUAH*
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2008, 07:48:04 am »
Thanks for the update Melinda!  I haven't had the chance to be on here as much lately... but sounds like you are busy busy busy!!!  Sounds like you are enjoying it all too.  Love you tons and can't wait to meet you one day!  Not sure when that will be... but hopefully sooner rather than later!   SOOO looking forward to June and that NEW CD!!! 

Bye bye Linda
Linda
http://www.myspace.com/melsbackup4eva

Let's see... JESUS, EAT, SLEEP... yep, sounds like Melinda has her priorities straight to me!

Mu Doo

• Founding Backup #553 Melinda's precious
  • 'the eyes are blind. One must look with the heart'
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2008, 07:52:15 am »
What is 'muah' Huh?Duh

You're always awesome, and you can, everything, what you to wish, Mel! I love you so much!!!  Big hug Rose Big hug Rose Big hug Rose

PS: Kelley lucky!  Cheeky  Yikes Rolling On Floor Laughing Big hug
« Last Edit: April 20, 2008, 12:24:01 am by muniquedoo »
My Patrick, my Des, my Cathy and my Maria, thanks for everything you have done for me! I love you to life!!! Thanks all Backups.
"You are such a gift!  To think that almost a world away, we have found such a friendship, is a tribute to you and your amazing heart.  Thank you so much for all that you are."
"PS  I had the best time during your visit here.  You can't imagine!  You are one ball of pure joy!."

Elcondado

• Founding Backup #603, Cathy
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2008, 08:12:03 am »
Melinda, I am so excited for you....doing events with the First Lady and the President for Malaria Awareness....how cool is that... Super excited Super excited Congratulations.....
What a National Treasure you are!!!!

A Million thank you's for thinking of the Backups doing the Marathon and half Marathon....there are just no words to tell how much you inspire all of us, and how grateful we are for your support.... Big hug Big hug Big hug  and I'm guessing there will be no sweaty hugs eh? Rolling On Floor Laughing

Mu Doo

• Founding Backup #553 Melinda's precious
  • 'the eyes are blind. One must look with the heart'
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2008, 08:37:41 am »
Melinda, I am so excited for you....doing events with the First Lady and the President for Malaria Awareness....how cool is that... Super excited Super excited Congratulations.....
What a National Treasure you are!!!!

A Million thank you's for thinking of the Backups doing the Marathon and half Marathon....there are just no words to tell how much you inspire all of us, and how grateful we are for your support.... Big hug Big hug Big hug  and I'm guessing there will be no sweaty hugs eh? Rolling On Floor Laughing

I agree, hon! Big hug But please... Mel is a world-wide treasure too!!!  Huzzah!  World Hug
My Patrick, my Des, my Cathy and my Maria, thanks for everything you have done for me! I love you to life!!! Thanks all Backups.
"You are such a gift!  To think that almost a world away, we have found such a friendship, is a tribute to you and your amazing heart.  Thank you so much for all that you are."
"PS  I had the best time during your visit here.  You can't imagine!  You are one ball of pure joy!."

Alan

• Founding Backup #372
  • cool, steely master technophile.
    • Chandler's Zen
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2008, 08:54:29 am »
But please... Mel is a world-wide treasure too!!!  Huzzah!  World Hug
Absolutely Mu  Rock On sign

meldoo1

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2008, 11:19:24 am »
What is 'muah' Huh?Duh

You're always awesome, and you can, everything, what you to wish, Mel! I love you so much!!!  Big hug Rose Big hug Rose Big hug Rose

PS: Kelley lucking!  Cheeky  Yikes Rolling On Floor Laughing Big hug

Mu,

I'm thinking that 'MUAH" is the sound of a big kiss being given.   Give a kiss  Big hug

thanks for the update Mel!

Gemini2

• Founding Backup #510
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2008, 11:30:40 am »
Thank you for your update Melinda...but I'm plum worn out just reading about all your travels! Whew!!!!!

Listen Girl....You make sure you take your Vitamen C.

We need you healthy at ALL times!

And we are really looking forward to seeing you in Nashville! Cheerleader Banana Cheerleader Banana Cheerleader Banana

Labelle

• Founding Backup #692
  • Charming,Expressive,Unselfish,Sanguine
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2008, 11:41:34 am »
 Huzzah! Huzzah! Huzzah! Thanks for the update Melinda. 
Can you imagine the president requesting to have Melinda with him Super excited. That's our girl...just draws people in...even the president. Huzzah!

Donna looks like you are going to get to meet her afterall   banana dance banana dance Cheerleader Banana Cheerleader Banana Cheerleader Banana
  I want to be all that I am capable of becoming....(Katherine Mansfield)

Shari

• Founding Backup
    • my blog
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2008, 02:14:34 pm »
Awww, your posts always make me smile!!  Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy schedule to give us an update!!

I can't wait for Wednesday ... I've been looking forward to it ever since they announced the tour cities/dates.  I'm really excited to meet some of the other backups, and of course to get to talk with you again!! I STILL can't quite believe you're going to be five minutes from my house!!  Ohhh and everyone around is most definitely caught up in all the primary excitement.  These last few weeks have been absolutely fascinating!!  It's funny -- I enter the ice cream party contest every day, and my mom went "Suppose you're lucky enough to win and they call while you're in the voting booth on Tuesday?"  Well -- as beyond excited as I am by this primary (it's really the first time I've ever felt so strongly about a candidate) -- voting will just have to wait, because that phone call would be more important.  I know it's next to impossible to win, but hey, it can't hurt to dream big!! Smiley  ANYWAY ... I definitely think you should stand outside of the polls and offer ice cream ... I can give you the names of quite a few polling places around here Wink

I am so, so, so happy for you that you have such wonderful  and exciting things coming up!!  Your dedication and devotion to malaria awareness is simply beyond compare and is more inspirational than you will ever know -- you inspire us all to want to do everything we can!! Congraulations on both of your exciting upcoming experiences -- both the event with the First Lady and the one with the President!  I'm absolutely thrilled for you that you have these wonderful opportunities ... and it really is so inspiring how you always give of yourself to help others.  You've already done so much to change the world.  Aww, and you're so sweet to make sure you're back in time for all the runners ... it's so special to them that you'll be there!!

Try to take SOME time to rest these few days, ok?  You deserve it!!

I can't wait to see you on Wednesday ... whoohooooooooooooooo!!  Can you tell I'm just a tad excited?

P.S.  My mom said to ask if you wanna come over for dinner, since you'll be so close by Wink
*Dream Big; Work Hard*

Babz

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2008, 02:20:52 pm »
I'm plum worn out just reading about all your travels! Whew!!!!!

And we are really looking forward to seeing you in Nashville! Cheerleader Banana Cheerleader Banana Cheerleader Banana

I second Gem! wow!

Can't wait to see you next week!  Big hug

Desiree

• Founding Backup #730 - mdoolittle @Jmoffet Can't believe I'm saying this, but listen to @swain1856
  • Web site Team
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2008, 03:09:42 pm »
Wow, with all that traveling, I hope you find time to take lots of naps.   Sleepyhead
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

chris-play

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2008, 03:17:23 pm »
Don't worry Melinda ... I'll do anything for you! I will carry my portable shower on my shoulders, too (not just the personal portable toilet) --- no risks of getting all sweaty with me ...  Rolling On Floor Laughing Rolling On Floor Laughing Rolling On Floor Laughing

mcaro05

• Founding Backup #753
  • Lively, compassionate, gracious, introspective.
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2008, 03:19:00 pm »
awww Thanks so much for the post Melinda! We love you  Big hug Get some sleep. You're amazing!

Valerie

• Founding Backup #395
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2008, 03:36:51 pm »
Thank you for the post, Melinda! That all sounds so exciting, and exhausting! Have a wonderful time. I can't believe the marathon is almost here. I am thrilled to get to go to Nashville again, run for MNM, and see the backups, and you!  Cheerleader Banana  Cheerleader Banana Thank you again  Big hug
   Vegas Vamp

hilarious