Author Topic: Happy New Year!!!  (Read 7573 times)

Sara99

• Founding Backup
Re: Happy New Year!!!
« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2008, 05:56:50 pm »
Dear Melinda-- I am continually so impressed with you and the quality of your character. You, on your way to stardom, remain humble and gracious enough to send us a personal message of thanks. You can't know how much this means to us all.
What a treasure you are and what a privilege it is to support you.
May the coming year bring you all the happiness and fulfillment you wish for.
We love you and adore you Melinda.

Sara

Lexi (LMMD)

• Founding Backup #716
  • Engaging, bright, ambitious, kind
« Reply #31 on: January 01, 2008, 06:05:19 pm »
Melinda...You are OUR angel sent straight from heaven. You have touched hundreds of people's lives from the words that you have said, your beautiful voice in the songs you sing...and your all aroung good heart, and love for God! You have taught us all to believe, because when we believe in ourselves...only GOOD things can happen! We should not let bad times make us unhappy, but we should just look THROUGH the bad times, because somewhere in there we will find the good. Melinda, you are the good...Backups...YOU are the good. This whole close-knit group of INCREDIBLE people (that includes you sweatheart) has done more than imaginable to help change the world for the better! I am so blessed to be in a group like this, and all in honor of my greatest inspiration! I love you so much!!! Than you for everthing that you've done, and have a happy New Year, Melinda!!! Big hug Rose
We did it!

chris-play

« Reply #32 on: January 01, 2008, 08:27:00 pm »
Thank you for those kind and inspiring words Melinda. It was a pleasure and a honor to bring some joy and relief in your name to those in need. I wish I were able to put together all the smiles that I received volunteering at Christmas and send them your way, because there they belong.

With much love
Cristina

Vickster

« Reply #33 on: January 01, 2008, 10:34:44 pm »
Melinda, thank you for that lovely prayer.   Rose  It brought tears to my eyes.  The Christmas Project was something that we wanted to give you in your honor, something that was meaningful.....this made me feel really good inside to help someone in need, and I am so glad your prayers were answered by our gift.  May your new year bring you happiness, good fortune and much love, as well.  You are one in a million -- I love you very much, we love you very much and are here to support you always.   Grouphug

« Last Edit: January 02, 2008, 03:46:18 am by Vickster »

grapeape

• Founding Backup #714
« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2008, 05:01:31 am »
All I can do in response to your message of thanks, gratitude and love is to send a prayer back at ya (and to all of the back ups too!)

I asked for wisdom...
And God gave me problems to solve.
I asked for prosperity...
And God gave me brains and the strength to work.
I asked for courage...
And God gave me danger to overcome.
I asked for love...
And God gave me troubled people to help.
I asked for favors...
And God gave me opportunities.
I received nothing I wanted.
I received everything I needed.
My Prayer has been answered

Big hug   World Hug

I asked for an Angel here on Earth and we all received YOU!

"We make a living by what we get but we make a life by what we give." ~ Sir Winston Churchill

Sally

« Reply #35 on: January 02, 2008, 05:05:50 am »
All I can do in response to your message of thanks, gratitude and love is to send a prayer back at ya (and to all of the back ups too!)

I asked for wisdom...
And God gave me problems to solve.
I asked for prosperity...
And God gave me brains and the strength to work.
I asked for courage...
And God gave me danger to overcome.
I asked for love...
And God gave me troubled people to help.
I asked for favors...
And God gave me opportunities.
I received nothing I wanted.
I received everything I needed.
My Prayer has been answered

Big hug   World Hug

I asked for an Angel here on Earth and we all received YOU!

Oh dear, so true! You brought tears to my eyes Grape! 

judgenvlove

• Founding Backup #288
  • Choose a life that matters
    • myspace
« Reply #36 on: January 02, 2008, 05:41:20 am »
There is nothing I can add to the things that have been said.  I pray we will all have a blessed new year.  Let us keep the gift of giving alive.  I love you Melinda and I love all the backups.
Be happy where you are on the way to where you are going.

http://www.myspace.com/noreen_love
Noreen

LuvHer

• Founding Backup #434
  • Gentle, bookworm, fun-loving, empathetic
« Reply #37 on: January 02, 2008, 10:38:58 pm »
*Note to self---buy stock in Kleenex, pledge profits to MNM*

Melinda, I am so excited to see what 2008 brings you (and all of us)!  Thank you for your time, love and laughter!   Big hug
~~~~~~~~~~~~
"... Just as Jesus created wine from water, we humans are capable of transmuting emotion into music..."
Carlos Santana

Tiernan

« Reply #38 on: January 03, 2008, 01:44:19 am »
Dear Melinda,

You have given us all much pleasure with your amazing talent and lovely personality.  In addition, something that I treasure far more, you gave us this community of people to call family.  I cannot begin to tell you what joy this has brought to my life.  Thank you, Melinda, for all you have brought into being.

Labelle

• Founding Backup #692
  • Charming,Expressive,Unselfish,Sanguine
« Reply #39 on: January 03, 2008, 11:14:49 pm »
To: The most phenomenal people I have ever had the pleasure of encountering

I have no idea where to start...
First of all, I cannot say thank you enough for making the best year of my life. I never imagined something like this would happen and that I would get the chance to share it with such amazing people. I actually had no idea that at the end of this year, I would be sitting here wondering how it happened that I fell head over heels in love with a group of people. I didn't even know that was possible. I knew you guys were light years beyond any other fan club (by the way, we need to come up with a different name than that, because that does not do you all justice), but I am absolutely amazed at your ability to still surprise me with your ideas and your hearts. This Christmas is no exception...as a matter of fact, it proves my point that you all are angels sent from up above. I cannot get over the Christmas gifts you all gave to me. The IPod Touch is amazing! I love the messages on there. That was an awesome idea. It makes me not want to add any songs and just listen to you sweethearts the whole time. The star was beautiful. We might be here all day if I named everything, but thank you, thank you, thank you. Now on to the real kicker...the scrapbook with the stories of how you all changed lives this Christmas. I read every single one and just kept on crying. I don't know if you remember Oprah's "Wildest Dreams" segment last year, but it was a time where she made people's dreams come true. I remember watching that and crying out of joy every time someone got what they really needed or wanted. Well, I prayed right then and there for God to give me the resources to begin to make people's dreams come true and to really touch lives. When I prayed, I was thinking I was praying for finances...little did I know, I was actually praying for people like you to be my hands and my heart to people that really needed it. That is such a huge honor! I could not have asked for a better gift. You have no idea how much that touched me.
So, thank you for being an answer to prayer, thank you for loving on me when I needed it most and thank you for showing me that absolutely nothing is impossible with God.
I love you so much!!!
This is my prayer for you:
Lord, bless these wonderful angels that have touched my life so deeply. Give them every desire of their heart and more in this new year. I pray for healthy lives for my angels and their families and I pray that no need goes unmet. Lord, love on them, comfort them, wrap your arms around them and give them a big hug for me. Show them that you really can take their dreams and not only make them a reality, but take them farther than they could ever imagine. Make this year the best yet for each of them.
Thank you!
In Jesus' Name,
Amen

Oh Melinda, I have not been here for about a week so I am only now seeing your beautiful message and even more beautiful, your prayer for us.... There is nothing more I can say that hadn't been said already.  So i will just say  Thank you Melinda.. I love you and I love my backup family World Hug
Gale
  I want to be all that I am capable of becoming....(Katherine Mansfield)

Greg

• Founding Backup #415
  • My 1966 Fleetwood Eldorado
« Reply #40 on: January 10, 2008, 01:30:56 am »
Hello Melinda!

I have been away from the message board for a while (busy with work).  I just found your beautiful message and prayer for us.  You know something, you really are amaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazing!  Look at all the lives you have touched this year and all the hearts that have softened because you set such a wonderful example on AI and the people who have grown closer to God because of your closeness to him.  This time last year, I had no idea you existed.  I never even watched AI before this season.  I accidentally tuned in the night of your audition and I knew when I heard your voice and watched your demeanor that I HAD to watch this season.  I had to see and hear more of you.  With each week that passed, you no longer seemed like a stranger but more like an old friend who was competing in the singing contest.  It was a phenomenon (the Melinda Phenomenon) I simply cannot explain.  You had total strangers all over the world pulling for you and voting like mad to keep you in the competition each week.   

I somehow stumbled on the AI Message Forum and the rest is history. I've made all sorts of wonderful new friends thanks to you!  Melinda, you are truly one in a million.  God surely must have broken the mold when he created you.  Thank you for all that you did and all the lessons you taught us and for coming into our lives and giving us the pleasure of knowing someone as wonderful, sweet, polite, genuine and God-fearing as you are! 

I wish you MUCH SUCCESS in your career and MUCH HAPPINESS in your life!

Sincerely,

Greg

P.S.  Someday, we are going to go for that ride in my '66 Eldorado.  Hey, I DREAM BIG too!  LOL sign
« Last Edit: January 10, 2008, 01:19:53 pm by Greg »
Greg
Proud Backup #415

Backup641

• Founding Backup #641
  • Keeper of Melinda's OCD
« Reply #41 on: March 05, 2008, 05:30:26 am »
Awe... thank you Melinda!  I haven't been able to keep up as much lately on the computer, but you are surely in my thoughts and prayers!  Soooooo looking forward to June when I can FINALLY buy that new CD of yours!  I'm certain it will be fantastic!  Love you lots! 

Linda
Linda
http://www.myspace.com/melsbackup4eva

Let's see... JESUS, EAT, SLEEP... yep, sounds like Melinda has her priorities straight to me!