Author Topic: Melinda Doolittle Says Making an Album Is 'Like Giving Birth'  (Read 1708 times)

Desiree

• Founding Backup #730 - mdoolittle @Jmoffet Can't believe I'm saying this, but listen to @swain1856
Melinda Doolittle Says Making an Album Is 'Like Giving Birth'
« on: November 13, 2013, 01:27:58 am »
When Melinda Doolittle released her first album in 2009, the songs were selected by her record label. For her new EP, You’re the Reason, issued digitally today (Nov. 12), the season six alum sought to make it a much more personal project and was involved from inception to the final mix. “I wanted to record something I felt was me,” she tells The Hollywood Reporter.

For the first time in her career, Doolitle turned to songwriting to fashion the songs she would record. “I started writing with my producer, Tre’ Corley, with the idea that I didn’t want to lose the R&B/soul vibe of the first album but I love the pop sound, too. I went to Tre’ because he understood me enough to marry the two genres very well.” Doolittle also recorded songs for the EP that were written by other composers, including Michael Ricks and Randy Davis.

Doolittle says she approached this project “from the aspect of love. It’s what shapes my life daily. I wanted to be transparent and honest. It’s about never giving up and dealing with criticism, including the words people said to me when I was on American Idol all the way up to now. Some people said great things but it was the negative words that stuck with me the most.”

Read the rest of the article here:
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/idol-worship/american-idol-alum-melinda-doolittle-655504

My favorite part was in the last paragraph.   Super excited
Doolittle is planning to tour in 2014 to promote the album.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Shari

• Founding Backup
    • my blog
Re: Melinda Doolittle Says Making an Album Is 'Like Giving Birth'
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2013, 03:28:58 am »
What a great article/interview -- and I agree; that's my favorite part, too!  Huzzah!
*Dream Big; Work Hard*