Author Topic: Hey you guuuuuyyyyyssss!!!!!  (Read 7210 times)

Melinda

• Queen of our Hearts and Head of our most humble Family
Hey you guuuuuyyyyyssss!!!!!
« on: April 08, 2011, 04:05:50 am »
I can't even talk about American Idol right now. What in the world is up with America? I have a theory, but I'm deciding to be nice today, so I can't say it.  LOL sign

Anyway, on to a better thought...

Monday is my Mommy's 60th Birthday! You guys know how extra special she is to me. She has requested bed nets for her birthday (cuz she wants to be just like me). I'm definitely donating, but wanted to know if you all wanted to get on board. If so, make sure you put my email (melinda@melindadoolittle.com) in the card and I will forward all the emails to her.

Please don't feel obligated to do this. I just wanted to let you know what she was doing for her birthday. Of course, I think it's pretty cool.  Well DUH

I love you guys!
It was great getting to see some of you last month for the Love:101 show and I can't wait to hit the road again so I can see more of you!

Me

Melinda

Re: Hey you guuuuuyyyyyssss!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2011, 04:07:46 am »
Might I add...based on a particular performance tonight on Idol...

Don't do drugs!

That's all. (I couldn't help it...)

Desiree

• Founding Backup #730 - mdoolittle @Jmoffet Can't believe I'm saying this, but listen to @swain1856
  • Web site Team
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2011, 04:21:25 am »
I want to hear this theory of yours!  School me.  Idol 101 class is in session. 

My theory is that I jinxed you because I copied your pick.   LOL sign

I'm on board for Mommy's 60th!  Thanks for giving us the heads up. 

Loved, loved, loved seeing you on the Love 101 tour!  Such a great concert you put together.   Thumbs Up
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

rhonda

• Founding Backup #488
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2011, 04:30:24 am »
Dittos want Des said.

Melinda, you just can't imagine how upset, angry, hurt, depressed, etc. etc. we all were when you got voted off.   I don't think you really know how we felt that night and many, many nights after that.   Crying

ghopper

• Founding Backup #492
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2011, 07:32:52 am »
Ditto to what Rhonda said!  I don't want to relive those days!

Thanks for the heads up on what Mom M really wants for her birthday!  And of course she wants to be just like you.  Who wouldn't?   Thumbs Up
  Late Night Vamp Club
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What you are is God's gift to you;  What you make of yourself is your gift to God.

Holly

• Founding Backup # 558
  • Live life with no regrets!
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2011, 11:22:07 am »
Amen to the DONT DO DRUGS!!!  lolol

Thanks 4 the heads up about mom!! Will do!!!!! 

Your 101 concert was great-- my niece Alyssa is still talking about it!! You won her over not only with ur voice, but your personality, your loving ways, and u just being real!!!

Love u!!!!  Big hug

mcaro05

• Founding Backup #753
  • Lively, compassionate, gracious, introspective.
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2011, 12:10:23 pm »
Everything about Idol last night was wrong. EVERYTHING.

Count me in for Mom's birthday!

Jena

• happy bibliophile, and "crazy" cat lady
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2011, 07:15:10 pm »
Dittos want Des said.

Melinda, you just can't imagine how upset, angry, hurt, depressed, etc. etc. we all were when you got voted off.   I don't think you really know how we felt that night and many, many nights after that.   Crying

It's true.  I threw fits and minifits for months about it.
Still Enraged

But I'm happy to help with Momma Doolittle's gift (as soon as I figure out where and how to donate). Heartbeat Rose

Valerie

• Founding Backup #395
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2011, 09:07:49 pm »
I will defnitely donate!

That was a ridiculous result on Idol, but we all know the best doesn't always win, even the best EVER!  Crying

I'm so glad I got to see the Love 101 show; it was wonderful.  Rose  Big hug

Vegas Vamp

Elcondado

• Founding Backup #603, Cathy
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2011, 12:00:57 am »
Donated...thanks so much for the idea.

Idol this week... Puking

Idol the week Mel was voted off... Puking Puking Puking Evil Evil Evil

Melinda

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2011, 02:17:46 am »
Y'all are awesome! Sorry it made you so upset when I got voted off.

So here's my theory... Pia has a more mature audience...

Mature = people who don't have time to vote on two different phones for two hours straight. The sweet, lovely teenagers are actually running the show.

Fun times...

Desiree

• Founding Backup #730 - mdoolittle @Jmoffet Can't believe I'm saying this, but listen to @swain1856
  • Web site Team
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2011, 03:22:41 am »
Pertaining to your theory:

If male teenagers were voting, don't you think Pia would still be on Idol?  I presume teenagers means girls.   LOL sign
« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 03:27:42 am by Desiree »
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

mcaro05

• Founding Backup #753
  • Lively, compassionate, gracious, introspective.
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2011, 03:37:52 am »
You are so right Melinda!!

ghopper

• Founding Backup #492
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2011, 05:11:03 am »
Pertaining to your theory:

If male teenagers were voting, don't you think Pia would still be on Idol?  I presume teenagers means girls.   LOL sign

I don't think male teenagers would be voting for her, if they vote.  Her image is too mature and polished.  I think these teenagers would vote for their own - image-wise, that is.

PS  I do think that Gwen's style works only for Gwen; the style looks atrocious on other women with non-Gwen body types (hated Lauren's outfit).  I think it would have helped Pia to have gone for "younger" outfits (if she wanted the teen vote) and not always for a decked out Celine-style wardrobe.  The perfect opportunity would have been Rock week.  Also, the judges did not help her any by giving her a pass for staying in her own little bubble up there and not working the stage.  I think Pia is more of a "glory" than a "grit" singer.  So I wasn't quite on board with her rendition of that Tina Turner song.  For me, what was always missing in her performances was a connection with the audience.  I sit there, listen, and admire her but never really get involved in her peformance.  I feel like a spectator and after a while, her performance becomes very boring for me. I kinda understand how she got voted off, though I was not expecting it (didn't think my reaction to her was typical of the AI audience, plus there were worse performers in the group).
« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 03:19:36 pm by ghopper »
  Late Night Vamp Club
What you are is God's gift to you;  What you make of yourself is your gift to God.

Desiree

• Web site Team
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2011, 05:41:41 am »
Melinda said the teenagers are running the show.  IMO, it's the female teenagers running the show.  I don't think male teenagers cast many votes.  Not for Pia and not for anyone else.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 05:45:17 am by Desiree »

hilarious