Author Topic: Gina Glocksen's Show- Melinda, Jordin, and Chris Rich surprise her :)  (Read 3921 times)

mcaro05

• Founding Backup #753
  • Lively, compassionate, gracious, introspective.
Last night Gina had a solo show in Chicago. My bestie Sam had decided to go (and to visit our friend Brenna). As she was leaving, she discovered that Melinda, Jordin, and Chris Rich had come to surprise Gina. Sam went to the show (that started at 11) and stayed at the bar until 3 am...when she left, Melinda and others (minus Jordin) were still there. Here's the details I got from Sam:

-Melinda and Jordin were DIRECTLY in front of her, but blocked by security guards (which were Jordin's own personal guards). Sam said she couldn't really get to them, but also didn't want to bug them because it was obvious that they were there for Gina, not for fans/pictures.
-Gina sang for 2 hours, took a 15 minute break, and then sang for another hour. She did mostly covers (including Bad Romance, Harder To Breathe, a couple U2 songs, My Life Would Suck Without You...an 80's medly). Sam said Gina sounded fantastic, despite the fact that she sang so much.
-Melinda and Jordin were dancing and having fun- especially during "Party in the USA" (Sam says Melinda can DANCE)
-Gina sang "Hero" by Foo Fighters and dedicated it to Melinda. Melinda had tears in here eyes.  Crying  Big hug
-Someone spilled beer on Jordin and she freaked out
-Someone else approached Jordin and said "you're JORDIN SPARKS! what are you doing HERE?" and  Jordin said "There's nowhere else I'd rather be right now" Rose
-Chris Richardson was very drunk and running around all over the place
-Melinda got taken away by the security to move to the VIP room. Sam yelled her name and waved...Melinda turned around and waved back. Sam says her ONLY dissapointment of the night was not getting to talk to Melinda.
-Sam and Brenna talked to Gina after the show, and Gina said that anytime we want to come to her show let her know and we'll be on the guestlist. She also said "I was just sitting in my apartment...my doorbell rang...and Melinda and Jordin were standing there. I pooped my pants. I'm not kidding. I literally pooped my pants."

So, it sounds like it was a really fun night. I love seeing season 6 back together again.

Melinda

• Queen of our Hearts and Head of our most humble Family
Re: Gina Glocksen's Show- Melinda, Jordin, and Chris Rich surprise her :)
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2010, 12:08:38 am »
We seriously had the BEST time!

Only a few clarifications...
Those weren't Jordin's personal bodyguards. They were provided for the group by the venue. They were huge and really took their job seriously!  Chained to the Floor
I can't dance...really. Dancing Banana
I had NO idea Gina dedicated a song to me. I was crying because she was so dang good. However, now I'm crying because she dedicated a song to me.  Crying
Chris wasn't really drunk...that's just the way he acts sometimes. HILARIOUS!  HAR
I'm so sad I didn't get to talk to Sam. I will make it up to her. However, it was so dark in there, that at one point I did think I actually was talking to Sam...apparently not. Oops
Gina did poop. Rolling On Floor Laughing

Desiree

• Founding Backup #730 - mdoolittle @Jmoffet Can't believe I'm saying this, but listen to @swain1856
  • Web site Team
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2010, 12:19:58 am »
So glad you had a blast!  And how much fun was it to surprise Gina?   Rolling On Floor Laughing Rolling On Floor Laughing Rolling On Floor Laughing

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Jena

• happy bibliophile, and "crazy" cat lady
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2010, 02:41:08 am »
 Rolling On Floor Laughing Rolling On Floor Laughing Rolling On Floor Laughing If somebody is so Super excited to see you that they poop their pants, I think you automatically qualify as special. Winner
« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 02:45:09 am by Jena »

Jena

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2010, 02:43:31 am »
If Gina Glockson is that excited to see Melinda, shouldn't someone contact her about becoming a backup? Dunno

mcaro05

• Founding Backup #753
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2010, 03:34:42 am »
Thanks Melinda Smiley Sam is sad she didn't get to talk to you, but she had a great time.

Jena, I think Gina is a member here  Dunno

Jena

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2010, 04:05:47 am »
I was kind of teasing, but if she's really a member Super excited Rocker

Desiree

• Founding Backup #730 - mdoolittle @Jmoffet Can't believe I'm saying this, but listen to @swain1856
  • Web site Team
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2010, 10:42:59 pm »
Um Melinda, what exactly are you thinking here?   Rolling On Floor Laughing

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

mcaro05

• Founding Backup #753
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2010, 11:10:40 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyMuALOJA0s" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyMuALOJA0s</a>

Here is the song Gina dedicated to Melinda. Perfect choice Smiley

Elcondado

• Founding Backup #603, Cathy
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2010, 04:18:52 am »
Um Melinda, what exactly are you thinking here?   Rolling On Floor Laughing

LOL...I'd give a penny for those thioughts too....hehe

Mu Doo

• Founding Backup #553 Melinda's precious
  • 'the eyes are blind. One must look with the heart'
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2010, 11:35:28 am »
'Gina did poop'  Rolling On Floor Laughing 'Chris wasn't really drunk...that's just the way he acts sometimes'  Rolling On Floor Laughing

'I can't dance...really.' oh yes, you can!!!!!!  Thumbs Up

When I'm going to meet Mel if some security guards not let me I'll kick the ass of them and that is really REALLY serious!!!  Enraged Enraged well, I think I would be deported...  LOL sign
« Last Edit: January 21, 2010, 12:14:27 pm by Mu Doo »
My Patrick, my Des, my Cathy and my Maria, thanks for everything you have done for me! I love you to life!!! Thanks all Backups.
"You are such a gift!  To think that almost a world away, we have found such a friendship, is a tribute to you and your amazing heart.  Thank you so much for all that you are."
"PS  I had the best time during your visit here.  You can't imagine!  You are one ball of pure joy!."