Re: So...
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2009, 10:05:00 pm »
PS: my Alan, hon I need a blonde emoticon to me  Rolling On Floor Laughing

Find me one and I will add it.

angel4peace

« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2009, 10:37:31 pm »
Hi again Melinda...

I was wondering what is your favorite High School Memory, same with your time at Belmont is there one Memory that stands out from all the others?

How did Janet become your vocal coach?

Who is your favorite female jazz vocalist - living or dead?

If you had to choose only one, what would you say is the best piece of advice your mother gave you?

You have ( to me) the best technique of any singer on the music scene today... breath control, phrasing, intonation, - can you tell us how you developed this technique? It is flawless and you make it look so easy , yet , as a former vocalist I know how hard what you do actually is, it is amazing how easy you make it look!

Love you

« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 12:41:21 am by Angel »

OldSchool80s

« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2009, 11:55:12 pm »
Hi Melinda!  Waving
Thank you so much for stopping by to see us! Thanks Big hug

It seems everyone has covered most of the career/music questions I would have asked so I will go with something existential.

As you will one day look back on your life, what will you hope to have achieved during your time on this earth?

Love Heartbeat
Sara

I like the existential question.  Thumbs Up

And I also want to know about song selection on AI.  I am assuming there must be some sort of list of available songs. Is the list the same for all contestants or do the producers select lists for each contestant. Do some get priority songs?  Or can you not say?   LOL sign

ghopper

• Founding Backup #492
« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2009, 06:07:19 am »
So my questions are:  (You didn't think I would have any more questions, did you?   Rolling On Floor Laughing Rolling On Floor Laughing Rolling On Floor Laughing)

1.  How do you manage to look rested when you say you are tired?  How is it you never look tired (no bags, no circles, no wrinkles under your eyes)?  Former cosmetic surgeons need to know....   Rolling On Floor Laughing Rolling On Floor Laughing Rolling On Floor Laughing

2.  Is Chanel still around or are you quite comfortable performing by yourself on stage?

3.  How did you manage to learn to walk in high heels when you lived in tennis shoes and slippers pre-Idol?  Did Kelley teach you that?

4.  Does Kelley coach you on interview techniques?

5.  Do you pick out your outfits or does Kelley do that for you?

I'm sure I can think of more but I won't overwhelm you.   Rolling On Floor Laughing Rolling On Floor Laughing Rolling On Floor Laughing

Late Night Vamp Club
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What you are is God's gift to you;  What you make of yourself is your gift to God.

californiafan

• Founding Backup #706
« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2009, 06:23:11 am »
Maria, the answer to question #1 is that she's 31!!!!   LOL sign

ghopper

• Founding Backup #492
« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2009, 06:51:59 am »
Maria, the answer to question #1 is that she's 31!!!!   LOL sign

Good point, Dianne!   Rolling On Floor Laughing Rolling On Floor Laughing Rolling On Floor Laughing Rolling On Floor Laughing Rolling On Floor Laughing Rolling On Floor Laughing
  Late Night Vamp Club
What you are is God's gift to you;  What you make of yourself is your gift to God.

Lexi (LMMD)

• Founding Backup #716
  • Engaging, bright, ambitious, kind
« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2009, 11:34:46 am »
Awe man! I can't think of anything Crying I'm brain dead at 6:30 in the morning! Brick wall hehe
We did it!

meldoo1

« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2009, 12:28:32 pm »
Awe man! I can't think of anything Crying I'm brain dead at 6:30 in the morning! Brick wall hehe

awww Lexi... Big hug
don't feel bad, I read this topic yesterday afternoon, and STIll cannot think of one question..... Duh Duh

Indigo54

« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2009, 05:31:42 pm »
Hi Melinda,

Here's some stuff I'd like to know and maybe others will too:

You once said the music industry is changing.  I wanna know what some of these changes are and what impact they’re having on you as a recording artist? 

Have you had time to do any writing?  Is there a chance your next CD will contain songs that you’ve written yourself. 

Are there any plans to do a duet with Jonny Lang on your next CD?

Given the chance, would you consider doing Broadway? 

Here’s the biggie.  Please give it to me straight, I can handle it.  I just need to know the truth once and for all.  Ready?   Here it is:

You just ain’t coming back to the ATL, are you (said with hand on hip, finger wagging)?   You wish we’d just stop nagging you about it, don’t you? (fat chance)
« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 09:52:29 pm by Indigo54 »

Indigo54

« Reply #39 on: June 01, 2009, 06:19:32 pm »
Sorry, I hadda come back cuz I just saw the Jim Brickman piece.

OMG Girl!? You're working with Jim Brickman!!!!  Could you just die!??  That he wanted to include you in this showcase is absolutely no surprise to me considering the people he's worked with over the years.  But you gotta tell us;  In your absolute wildest dreams did you ever think you'd be working with Jim Brickman?!  Next stop, David Foster?  Sho' I'm right!!!

Bernie

• Founding Backup #455
« Reply #40 on: June 01, 2009, 09:15:13 pm »
Melinda! 

Thank you so much for dropping by and asking!  Your presence is the life of this community!

I don't have any special questions that haven't already been asked, so just sending my greetings, appreciation, and love to you.  I look forward to seeing you again soon in the Boston Area and on the CD covers!

Thanks 1000000x,

Bernie
Your supporter and fan in Boston, Bernie

Mu Doo

• Founding Backup #553 Melinda's precious
  • 'the eyes are blind. One must look with the heart'
« Reply #41 on: June 01, 2009, 11:01:03 pm »
So my questions are:  (You didn't think I would have any more questions, did you?   Rolling On Floor Laughing Rolling On Floor Laughing Rolling On Floor Laughing)

1.  How do you manage to look rested when you say you are tired?  How is it you never look tired (no bags, no circles, no wrinkles under your eyes)?  Former cosmetic surgeons need to know....   Rolling On Floor Laughing Rolling On Floor Laughing Rolling On Floor Laughing

2.  Is Chanel still around or are you quite comfortable performing by yourself on stage?

3.  How did you manage to learn to walk in high heels when you lived in tennis shoes and slippers pre-Idol?  Did Kelley teach you that?

4.  Does Kelley coach you on interview techniques?

5.  Do you pick out your outfits or does Kelley do that for you?

I'm sure I can think of more but I won't overwhelm you.   Rolling On Floor Laughing Rolling On Floor Laughing Rolling On Floor Laughing

Rolling On Floor Laughing Rolling On Floor Laughing Rolling On Floor Laughing Rolling On Floor Laughing  My Maria! hehe I'm so so happy you are back, that same it couldn't fun I'd be laughing and smiling so much!!!  Super excited banana dance I LOVE YOU!!!  Big hug
My Patrick, my Des, my Cathy and my Maria, thanks for everything you have done for me! I love you to life!!! Thanks all Backups.
"You are such a gift!  To think that almost a world away, we have found such a friendship, is a tribute to you and your amazing heart.  Thank you so much for all that you are."
"PS  I had the best time during your visit here.  You can't imagine!  You are one ball of pure joy!."

rhonda

• Founding Backup #488
« Reply #42 on: June 02, 2009, 01:48:37 am »
Indy, why don't you ask the questions you really want to ask.   Rolling On Floor Laughing

Melinda

• Queen of our Hearts and Head of our most humble Family
« Reply #43 on: June 02, 2009, 04:02:35 am »
I sorta changed my mind.  Cheeky 
I'm going to announce that I'm doing the blog tomorrow and hopefully have it up and going by Thursday.
You guys have asked some great questions. The first week will cover some very basic ones, because that's what I get asked frequently. But then, we will definitely get in depth and answer as much as possible.
Thank you so much for getting involved.
I love you!
 More Details Later

Mu Doo

• Founding Backup #553 Melinda's precious
  • 'the eyes are blind. One must look with the heart'
« Reply #44 on: June 02, 2009, 04:08:17 am »
 More Details Later  again it oh no...  Slap  Rolling On Floor Laughing  I love you! thank YOU!!!

I'll write *tattoo* in my forehead... 'I love Melinda Doolittle so much!'  just for you talk with me!
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 04:11:39 am by Mu Doo »
My Patrick, my Des, my Cathy and my Maria, thanks for everything you have done for me! I love you to life!!! Thanks all Backups.
"You are such a gift!  To think that almost a world away, we have found such a friendship, is a tribute to you and your amazing heart.  Thank you so much for all that you are."
"PS  I had the best time during your visit here.  You can't imagine!  You are one ball of pure joy!."

hilarious