Author Topic: So...  (Read 22047 times)

Jena

• happy bibliophile, and "crazy" cat lady
Re: So...
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2009, 06:23:28 am »
I thought of a question. Super excited What music have you discovered recently?
That would be a good ongoing topic, if you wanted to blog about it.

I liked "Chasing Pavements" by Adele, but when you mentioned her as a favorite, I went over to Itunes, checked out the entire album, and ended up buying it.  I think people love to know they have something in common with their favorite musicians, and if you want new fans to get to know you, what a fun way!

angel4peace

« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2009, 06:42:34 am »
Hi Melinda!  Rose
Thanks for stopping by we really appreciate it! What a great idea!

Hmm, well, most of my questions have already been asked by the other backups.

However, Will you ever come to San Diego, it seems you are usually in LA or Northern Ca...

I know you said you were tone deaf and they made you lip synch, however, you might want to share that story with people who do not know you as well as we do... and I was wondering, did reading music come easy to you, harmonizing, sight reading/solf├Ęge?

Who will be in your band and when does the tour start?
Thanks, love you

chris-play

« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2009, 07:49:27 am »
Here is one from me ... when are you going to walk/run the Country Music half marathon with us??? May be in 2010? That would be amazing and looking at how good you are on the elliptical, I have no doubts you can make it ...  Rolling On Floor Laughing Rolling On Floor Laughing ... but my question is really a serious one  Thumbs Up

Alan

• Founding Backup #372
  • cool, steely master technophile.
    • Chandler's Zen
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2009, 07:51:53 am »
Being nosey - I like the questions Des has already asked. 

I also am curious about the "little book" with what outfits you needed to wear during auditions (in the intro to the My Funny Valentine performance).  Did you really have a book, or was the story constructed for that intro?  Does Kelley still prepare pages for the book?

Sara99

• Founding Backup
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2009, 02:06:17 pm »
Hi Melinda!  Waving
Thank you so much for stopping by to see us! Thanks Big hug

It seems everyone has covered most of the career/music questions I would have asked so I will go with something existential.

As you will one day look back on your life, what will you hope to have achieved during your time on this earth?

Love Heartbeat
Sara

rhonda

• Founding Backup #488
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2009, 02:26:10 pm »
Melinda, you sure did bring them out of the woodwork.   Rolling On Floor Laughing

Hey, Rhonda!!!!  Melinda needs some more questions!!!  Grin

I see  LOL sign

Dr. Quack would be a good host.   Indy says she can cook.  Dunno
« Last Edit: May 31, 2009, 02:29:14 pm by rhonda »

Alan

• Founding Backup #372
    • Chandler's Zen
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2009, 02:32:55 pm »
In the meantime, what picture would you like to use?  I'm sure the backups can help.  Thumbs Up 

I sent Melinda the avatar I "think" she was trying to use re-sized to 100x100.  But I am not 100% sure I got the right one (which is why I didn't just install it).

rhonda

• Founding Backup #488
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2009, 02:34:22 pm »
Hey Girlfriend! Thanks for stopping by.

I'd love to give you some questions ... but you won't print out X-rated ones. So I'll ask Kelley instead! Cheeky

I really do think people would love to hear some of your humorous stories. You have such a great fun personality that many have not seen!

When did this happen?   HuhWhat

Alan

• Founding Backup #372
    • Chandler's Zen
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2009, 02:36:08 pm »
Melinda

Something else I just thought of

I have had a few people in the past ask me how to send you things.  I used to tell them to send stuff to Chaz (c/o Cherry).  What is the current position.

sueintucson

• Founding Backup #676
  • intelligent, diplomatic, inquisitve, serene
    • Melinda Doolittle Backup
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2009, 02:57:58 pm »
OK, I dreamed some questions overnight!   banana dance   Out of mind

What's been your funniest experience with a fan?  favorite fan experience?  strangest thing you've received from a fan?

What was your best and/or funniest experience on each tour?  (Idol top 10, 2 MWS Christmas, recent Idol, the cruise)

What's been your favorite interview & interview question?  Most embarassing interview question?

Which "celebrity" that you've met have you been most excited about?

What's been your funniest travel experience with Kelley?

Janet's most helpful vocal coach tip?

Best experience with Mommy since Idol?

Don't forget the flower videos!  (ex. - hit me with yr pocketbook)

favorite or funniest TV experience?  (for funniest, I like you doing the weather & the Jack segment!  Rolling On Floor Laughing Rolling On Floor Laughing)

Just some starters!
Sue

www.myspace.com/sueintucson

Stand often in the company of dreamers:
  they tickle your common sense & believe you can achieve
  things which are impossible.
          maryanne radmacher

Mu Doo

• Founding Backup #553 Melinda's precious
  • 'the eyes are blind. One must look with the heart'
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2009, 03:57:53 pm »
OK, I dreamed some questions overnight!   banana dance   Out of mind

What's been your funniest experience with a fan?  favorite fan experience?  strangest thing you've received from a fan?

What was your best and/or funniest experience on each tour?  (Idol top 10, 2 MWS Christmas, recent Idol, the cruise)

What's been your favorite interview & interview question?  Most embarassing interview question?

Which "celebrity" that you've met have you been most excited about?

What's been your funniest travel experience with Kelley?

Janet's most helpful vocal coach tip?

Best experience with Mommy since Idol?

Don't forget the flower videos!  (ex. - hit me with yr pocketbook)

favorite or funniest TV experience?  (for funniest, I like you doing the weather & the Jack segment!  Rolling On Floor Laughing Rolling On Floor Laughing)

Just some starters!

yay Sue good questions!  Thumbs Up
My Patrick, my Des, my Cathy and my Maria, thanks for everything you have done for me! I love you to life!!! Thanks all Backups.
"You are such a gift!  To think that almost a world away, we have found such a friendship, is a tribute to you and your amazing heart.  Thank you so much for all that you are."
"PS  I had the best time during your visit here.  You can't imagine!  You are one ball of pure joy!."

Shari

• Founding Backup
    • my blog
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2009, 04:14:33 pm »
What a fantastic idea, Melinda!!  It's so nice of you to do this for everyone!!

I'm loving all these questions!!  There's no one like the Backups to win the award for most creativity and thought-provoking commentary, that's for sure.  One more question to add to the mix ... Of all the songs you've ever sung (before Idol, on the show, after the show, from your album, on tour, etc), what's your favorite?  Has there been one performance or one song that stands out in your mind as being incredibly special?
*Dream Big; Work Hard*

Mu Doo

« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2009, 04:36:26 pm »
Hey gorgeous, for sure we miss you too! Big hug I didn't understand everything you said, here a *blonde* again sorry, but that's okay because I love you so much, my lovely Melzinha!  Give a kiss Heartbeat Wub Wub Wub Wub Wub Kiss Hug Hug Hug

My question is a curious mine, what do you know about Brazil? songs, places...

Why did you difficult remember the lyrics from 'Rascal Flats' song?

When are you coming to Brazil, England, Canada and some countries? (I don't have some intention in this question... lie...  Rolling On Floor Laughing)

Well, I think Sue did really good question already... hehe.

PS: my Alan, hon I need a blonde emoticon to me  Rolling On Floor Laughing
My Patrick, my Des, my Cathy and my Maria, thanks for everything you have done for me! I love you to life!!! Thanks all Backups.
"You are such a gift!  To think that almost a world away, we have found such a friendship, is a tribute to you and your amazing heart.  Thank you so much for all that you are."
"PS  I had the best time during your visit here.  You can't imagine!  You are one ball of pure joy!."

may19

« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2009, 05:20:35 pm »
Thanks for stopping by, Melinda! Well, since the backups have asked all the questions i would have also asked myself, I just want to say that I'm so proud of all that you have accomplished and all that you do. Love you bunches! Big hug

Mu Doo

« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2009, 09:45:09 pm »
Who will be in your band and when does the tour start?

My angel, me, playing 'bongo'   Out of mind Rolling On Floor Laughing