Author Topic: MESSAGES TO MELINDA :)  (Read 34297 times)

Holly

• Founding Backup # 558
  • Live life with no regrets!
Re: MESSAGES TO MELINDA :)
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2007, 08:13:31 pm »
Crying

I hope those were Happy Tears......
We love you....  Big hug

Shari

• Founding Backup
    • my blog
« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2007, 09:14:27 pm »
I'll join in with the others ... I surely hope they were happy tears!!

I posted this on your myspace a few weeks ago, but I figured I'd post it here, too, since everyone else is posting their messages! Smiley

Dear Melinda,

I wanted to take a minute to elaborate on what I wrote to you in the note I included with the "Dream Big" plaque. I didn't want to write too long of a letter, and I apologize for the long message now, but I just really feel as though I want to fully explain it. I mentioned that when I "dream big," that dream is to work for our local ABC affiliate station. That's been my dream for eight years now, and I was lucky enough to have the absolutely amazing chance to intern at the station two years ago and work there earlier this year. Not only did I have the opportunity to work on a network-wide news archive project, but I was also lucky enough to work with my mentor in journalism almost every day. The only way to describe it was a complete dream come true. It was so difficult to have to leave the station when that archive project was over, to have to leave behind that dream come true. I was told my resume is on the top of the stack for when a production assistant position opens up, but so far that hasn't happened. What's made it even more difficult is the fact that two close friends of mine were able to get jobs at the station (in different areas than what I hope to do) ... and while I am genuinely thrilled for them, because they are so talented and deserve only the very best opportunities, it's so hard to know that they work at the place where I want to be so very much. As much as I would absolutely love to work at this station, I've also been applying for other jobs in journalism. I'm quickly discovering that it's nearly impossible to break into this field ... and I can't say that there aren't days when I sometimes wonder whether dreaming big and working hard is enough. It can be discouraging to see so many people around you living your dream.

Whenever I feel like that, though, I remind myself to keep dreaming big and working hard to make those dreams come true. You have done just that in your own career, and now you're able to encourage and inspire so many others, including me, to dream big, just as you did and continue to do. You're the perfect example of the importance of dreaming big, and you remind not only me, but everyone else, that if you follow your heart and your dreams, anything is possible! I just wanted to thank you for that. Thank you for inspiring us all to reach for our dreams and the stars and showing us that anything is possible when you believe! Your positive and sunny outlook influences so many!

Wow, I am so sorry this has turned out to be so long (anyone who knows me can vouch for the fact that I love to write, haha!). Thank you so much for taking the time to read this ... it's so very much appreciated!! I will continue to dream big ... and hey, maybe one day when I get a job in journalism I can write a story about you winning your first Grammy award Wink Deal?

I'd also like to add what so many others have mentioned -- I have met such truly incredible people because of you.  The backups are one of the most special groups of people I've ever known, and it's no wonder why, since we all met because of our support of you!!  It's been such a pleasure to get to know such a truly wonderful group of people.  It's been an honor to work with them and to get to know them, and I know we'll all remain close for a long time ... so thank you for introducing me to such a great group of people!!  And, of course, thank you again for everything you've done for me.  It means more to me than I can ever possibly express  ...  you are one truly kind, genuine, and wonderful person, and I hope you know how much all of your fans love you!! Heartbeat

You're the best!! Smiley
*Dream Big; Work Hard*

Tiger

• Founding Backup
« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2007, 10:06:58 pm »
Hi, Melinda!  I attended a women's conference yesterday at my church and Fear was one of the topics.  Since you believe to ""do it afraid"... here's a scripture that fits that nicely.  I thought I'd share this with you and all the back-ups: "Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness." Isaiah 41:10.  Hope this helps when you have bouts of fear or self doubt!

love ya! - Jenn
Don't look down on small beginnings - Melinda.

Sally

« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2007, 01:00:16 am »
Rock On sign You are Amazing, beautiful and Gods love is right there in and all around you! What a Blessing you are to us, Thanks- Love you!

donna

• Founding Backup #695
  • Wise, strongwilled, intuitive
« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2007, 01:13:36 am »
Hi, Melinda!  I attended a women's conference yesterday at my church and Fear was one of the topics.  Since you believe to ""do it afraid"... here's a scripture that fits that nicely.  I thought I'd share this with you and all the back-ups: "Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness." Isaiah 41:10.  Hope this helps when you have bouts of fear or self doubt!

love ya! - Jenn

Thanks Tiger, I know it will help me as well.  Big hug

Christina K

• Founding Backup #261
« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2007, 02:28:01 am »

Melinda,
I sincerely want to thank you for being such an impact on our lives. We have grown to love you dearly. You have brought a Support Group of friends who have grown to love and care for each other.   Thanks for allowing us to share in your life.  We have gained a new friendship in you.  Thanks for letting your relationship with God outshine everything else. We ALL knows where you stand and where you gain your joy and strength from. 

Thanks for your love.

Holly

Well Put Holly..I couldn't say it better..
Oh please don't cry dear sweet melinda! na,..cry in tears of joy. Smiley I cried the whole week after I met you..all good crying! God blest me so much! I couldn't thank you enough!
And I was in shock..seriously..
I questioned your auntie.. I said...seriously.. is she always like that? for real? THAT nice THAT kind THAT christ-like??? It blew me away..
and she said.. "Melinda has always been one that is true and compassionate of heart with everyone."
And as you have toured each city.. I hear more and more examples of how people encounter Christ through you! It's so wonderful, it makes me cry!

I think the reason why most people crave seeing more of you..Is because of Jesus in You. It's his unconditional love that we all need in our lives..and you seem to just protray that so very well..
and just thinking about it..is healing.. It's such a beautiful gift.. never take it for granted..

I could use me a huge Melinda hug about now! Smiley  Big hug I love you!
Love you heaps! Smiley

Lexi (LMMD)

• Founding Backup #716
  • Engaging, bright, ambitious, kind
« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2007, 03:57:29 am »
Crying

Awwe! You're so sweet!!! I love you sooooo much Melinda!!!
Love, Alexis Big hug
We did it!

Melinda

• Queen of our Hearts and Head of our most humble Family
« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2007, 05:29:53 am »
those were definite tears of joy...you guys are amazing!

#1houstonfan

• Founding Backup
  • The keeper of her cuteness!!!
« Reply #38 on: October 01, 2007, 05:37:18 am »
melinda,

just read this thread and was going to post -- but now i'll just say that i'm glad they were tears of joy and you are much loved here!!!! Grouphug

melissa

aka#1houstonfan

Melissa and Megan

Christina K

• Founding Backup #261
« Reply #39 on: October 01, 2007, 06:47:40 am »
 Big hug

Dearest Melinda,
I'm so glad you have tears of Joy.. You deserve to feel in abundance all the love that you have given to all of us, in return. I pray that as you read these messages, you feel so encouraged and loved and blest!

I pray for every ounce of Love you give, God just gives it back to you in double portion! Smiley

I love you heaps and heaps and heaps! Smiley

Love,
christina
ps..I sent you an email a while ago..did ya get it?
Love you heaps! Smiley

OldSchool80s

« Reply #40 on: October 01, 2007, 07:31:48 am »
It was so difficult to have to leave the station when that archive project was over, to have to leave behind that dream come true. I was told my resume is on the top of the stack for when a production assistant position opens up, but so far that hasn't happened. What's made it even more difficult is the fact that two close friends of mine were able to get jobs at the station (in different areas than what I hope to do) ...

Shari, send me your resume.  If you would be able to work in NYC (we do have people that commute from Philly area) and interested in television, not necessarily specifically journalism, I know lots of people in TV production.  We are always looking for motivated entry level people.  Dream big, girl.  Backups help other backups. Thumbs Up

MelindaRules1987

• Founding Backup
« Reply #41 on: October 01, 2007, 06:45:21 pm »
those were definite tears of joy...you guys are amazing!
Thanks, Melinda.  I'm glad those were tears of joy!  Big hug

mcaro05

• Founding Backup #753
  • Lively, compassionate, gracious, introspective.
« Reply #42 on: October 02, 2007, 06:49:01 am »
Since it's 2 am and I'm stressed out/emotionally drained due to a lot of things going on in my life, I figured I would post a message for you, Melinda.

I think it is absolutley amazing that one woman has brought so many people together and inspired people to make a difference in this world. I know that I told you this in the letter I gave you in Huntington, but no one has EVER inspired me as much as you have. The way that you use your gifts of music and compassion in your every day life is truly heartwarming and admirable. Before you came along, I was hiding, alone, and depressed. You showed me that through a little bit of dreaming and hoping, anything can come true. I can't tell you how much that means to me that someone I don't even know has made me want to change my life. Because of you, I am happy. I owe you so much, and I don't think anything I could ever do can repay what you have given me. Thank you for changing my life, thank you for being my inspiration! Keep being you, I can't wait to hear more from you. You are going to change the world- you've already changed mine!

PS: If you see Jordin, give her a big big hug for me- I heard about her great grandma. Sad

God Bless and lots of love <3  Big hug

mel405

« Reply #43 on: October 04, 2007, 03:53:02 am »
Hey Melinda,

I don't normally watch AI but happened to catch the top 24 week last season and could relate with the whole moving from the background to the front thing (not with singing though) so I started praying for you throughout the season.  Along the way I fell in love with your voice, and more importantly, your generous spirit and the way you represent Christ. 

I sat behind your mom at one of the concerts early in the tour and I told her during intermission that I was praying for you.  She was so sweet and gracious.  She is my very favorite person that I've only ever talked to for 5 minutes.  Anyway, the season is over and I don't have the time to come on this site and keep up like I would like, but every day I pass by the civic center on my way to work and I remember that I told your mom I was praying for you.  So I want you to know I'm still praying, and every time I do I sense that God is doing great things in your life and I'm excited for you!

--Mel

alex

• Founding Backup #489
  • Baby Backup
  • Melinda Doolittle=Best Singer Ever
Melinda I love you!
« Reply #44 on: October 11, 2007, 11:47:40 pm »
I'm sure everyone on this site loves you, but I just wanted to say that I love you so much. I have never felt this way about any other singer. I leave comments to you daily on myspace, I'm Alex and I have no photo on myspace, I just made it so I can leave you comments Smiley

God Bless You!

hilarious