Author Topic: MESSAGES TO MELINDA :)  (Read 34412 times)

mcaro05

• Founding Backup #753
  • Lively, compassionate, gracious, introspective.
Re: MESSAGES TO MELINDA :)
« Reply #210 on: March 23, 2010, 12:29:21 am »
Next time you come to Detroit, I'm taking you or suggesting you go to Slow's BBQ. It's one of the best places in Detroit, it has okra, sweet potatoes, homemade applesauce, cornbread...everything you love.

Also, I think you would enjoy this video : http://vimeo.com/9358866

And don't think I didn't hear your comments about Big Mike.  Rolling On Floor Laughing

mcaro05

• Founding Backup #753
  • Lively, compassionate, gracious, introspective.
« Reply #211 on: April 01, 2010, 04:18:38 am »
Only a few more days and then I can get back on twitter Smiley I miss ya, girly.

I loved the video for your book...especially the Bono part (Laurence !) and "finish strong". That is exactly what I am going to do with my year of volunteering- finish strong. Thank you.  Big hug

Weezzy7

• Founding Backup #741
  • Official News Seeker
« Reply #212 on: May 02, 2010, 01:41:13 pm »
Only two days for your book and i am so proud of you Melinda, I did read half of the book and you are source of inspiration. Good luck and alot success with this book!  Big hug

sannmiller

• Founding Backup #734
  • aka shirley6700
« Reply #213 on: November 09, 2010, 06:36:48 am »
Melinda, I have been a fan of yours since your Idol days, and I have followed your career with great interest--even got the chance to see you during your Border's tour here in the Chicago area.

I am happy to hear that you are writing new songs for your new CD.  Very excited!! Super excited

But, I heard you sing a part of "Can't Take My Eyes Off You"--and you were so  incredibly great.

If you get the chance--please go to You Tube and listen to Ruby Andrews' songs: "Cassanova" and "You Made a Believer Out of Me." Also, please listen to Carla Thomas' songs:  "Gee Whiz" and "Gee Whiz, It's Christmas." Lightup  You could really knock those out of the ball park.

Of course, I have no idea how all the copyright laws, etc. work.  But, please give these oldies a listen.  Perhaps one will appeal to you.

Love you,
Shirley Miller
"Your vision will become clear only when you look into your heart."  (C. Jung)

Sweet Dreams!!!

Desiree

• Founding Backup #730 - mdoolittle @Jmoffet Can't believe I'm saying this, but listen to @swain1856
  • Web site Team
« Reply #214 on: July 01, 2011, 12:36:43 am »
Be nice to birds (especially crows) because they hold grudges!

A few years ago scientists learned that American crows can recognize and remember human faces, particularly faces they associate with bad experiences.  Now, new research published in the Proceedings of the Royal Society B shows that the birds can share that knowledge of dangerous humans with other crows.

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/80beats/2011/06/30/grudge-holding-crows-pass-on-their-anger-to-family-and-friends/
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Jena

• happy bibliophile, and "crazy" cat lady
« Reply #215 on: July 01, 2011, 01:19:25 am »
WHAT THE . . . .
O M G! Rolling On Floor Laughing Rolling On Floor Laughing Rolling On Floor Laughing Yikes

Jena

• happy bibliophile, and "crazy" cat lady
« Reply #216 on: August 06, 2013, 08:58:21 pm »
Melinda,

I thought about you the other day (and was glad you weren't with me).  I was working out in my pool, and I was by myself.  All of a sudden, sounding like it had landed by, or was hovering just above the pool, I hear this monster bird! :CAW CAW!" Yikes Freaking Out Now, I love my birds, but this one even scared me! Faint It sounded like it could have starred in "The Birds."
I thought it was a crow, but somebody saw it later and told me it was a pigeon.
Every time anything like that happens it reminds me of you. LOL sign