Author Topic: Suggestions  (Read 17657 times)

LuvHer

• Founding Backup #434
  • Gentle, bookworm, fun-loving, empathetic
Re: Suggestions
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2007, 05:16:38 pm »
Would a thread for each concert stating where and date with these topics included work:

Columbus, date
pics
vids
reviews
 --professional
 --backup reviews and so on

As news comes in for each concert, it could be posted in the proper thread.   Then it would be one stop shopping for a particular concert.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
"... Just as Jesus created wine from water, we humans are capable of transmuting emotion into music..."
Carlos Santana

OldSchool80s

« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2007, 05:21:48 pm »
Yes, I like the idea of EVERYTHING from one concert in one thread instead of in various threads. 

Jessica, do you mind if I merge your Long Island thread?

Jessica

• Founding Backup #674
  • Her Most Excellent Majesty of the Royal Order of the Knights of Media
« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2007, 06:03:39 pm »
Yes, I like the idea of EVERYTHING from one concert in one thread instead of in various threads. 

Let's do it!  Wink

LuvHer

• Founding Backup #434
« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2007, 06:11:57 pm »

Oh, yea, then--I feel like a true member now--I've contributed a useful idea-- banana dance

~~~~~~~~~~~~
"... Just as Jesus created wine from water, we humans are capable of transmuting emotion into music..."
Carlos Santana

ghopper

• Founding Backup #492
« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2007, 07:43:48 pm »
F'rinstance, should the newspaper articles thread have commentaries/responses to the newspaper articles (such as I made on the other site), or just newspaper articles?  Assuming we choose the latter, how do we enforce it?  Or maybe just one thread per newspaper article?  We should be able to impose some organization over and above pure forum threads...
I would say 1 thread per article.  Otherwise, articles would get buried way down the thread.  And it would be good to see the comments with the article.
  Late Night Vamp Club
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What you are is God's gift to you;  What you make of yourself is your gift to God.

ghopper

• Founding Backup #492
« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2007, 08:06:47 pm »
One suggestion:  Show the number of new messages first and the number of old messages that have been read but are still in the mailbox after.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2007, 08:16:22 pm by ghopper »
  Late Night Vamp Club
What you are is God's gift to you;  What you make of yourself is your gift to God.

Kamila

• Founding Backup #471
  • I'm just a girl in the world...
    • Cinéfila por Natureza
« Reply #36 on: August 27, 2007, 09:56:49 pm »
I know this was already mentioned here, but I think that, when we reply to a post, we should be redirected to the thread we were posting. Instead of being redirected to the list of topics in the specific folder.

"Audrey had an angelic quality about her. She didn't act like she was better than everyone, she just had a presence, an energy, a sort of light coming from within her that was overwhelming." (Kevyn Aucoin)

angel4peace

« Reply #37 on: August 28, 2007, 01:30:30 am »
Can we have a section where we can post inspirational sayings, quotes and stuff like we were doing on the General Off Topic discussion area.
I think that would be nice. I liked the posts and the quotes...

MelindaRules1987

• Founding Backup
« Reply #38 on: August 28, 2007, 01:34:04 am »
Can we have a section where we can post inspirational sayings, quotes and stuff like we were doing on the General Off Topic discussion area.
Thats not a bad idea.  Smiley

angel4peace

« Reply #39 on: August 28, 2007, 02:01:14 am »
Thats not a bad idea.  Smiley

Thank you, I love doing that and do it on the teen suicide hotline I do work on. It helps the kids to have a peaceful , inspiring place to go!

LuvHer

• Founding Backup #434
« Reply #40 on: August 28, 2007, 02:10:18 am »

I hope we can--I always enjoyed reading both the inspirational writings and the quotes threads.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Carlos Santana

angel4peace

« Reply #41 on: August 28, 2007, 02:11:58 am »
I am sure we will!  Grin

LuvHer

• Founding Backup #434
« Reply #42 on: August 28, 2007, 05:11:56 am »
I wonder if we can change the "ranks" that we get to terms more Melinda related.  Don't know really what to use but thought it could be kinda cute.  Like instead of "newbie" maybe "auditioning"  Just thinking here...

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Carlos Santana

angel4peace

« Reply #43 on: August 28, 2007, 05:23:28 am »
I wonder if we can change the "ranks" that we get to terms more Melinda related.  Don't know really what to use but thought it could be kinda cute.  Like instead of "newbie" maybe "auditioning"  Just thinking here...

Now that is a really Kool idea, I love that! Maybe when the computer whiz's are back they can do it!
And we have our inspiration board! Yeah! Thanks Irma!!!!!

ET_little7

« Reply #44 on: August 28, 2007, 01:01:59 pm »
I was thinking... what do you guys think about changing the 'newspapers articles' to 'media articles' or just 'articles'? Because there are great articles on blogs and sites, not necessarily newspapers.
  You not need to copy the site of MelindaDoolittlefans.  Will be bored. lol.  Get special i love this one i will come back often

hilarious