Author Topic: Top4 (How Can You Mend A Broken Heart)  (Read 3952 times)

Alan

• Founding Backup #372
  • cool, steely master technophile.
    • Chandler's Zen
Top4 (How Can You Mend A Broken Heart)
« on: October 26, 2008, 07:17:36 am »
« Last Edit: January 04, 2009, 01:26:59 pm by Alan »

Jessica

• Founding Backup #674
  • Her Most Excellent Majesty of the Royal Order of the Knights of Media
Re: Top4 (How Can You Mend A Broken Heart)
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2008, 01:38:07 pm »
Wub Wub Wub

MelindaRules1987

• Founding Backup
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2008, 03:45:51 pm »
I really enjoyed this performance from Melinda & thought it was somewhat underrated.  Wub

Sally

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2008, 04:09:29 pm »
I agree Erin, Melinda did a fantastic job with that song.

MelindaRules1987

• Founding Backup
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2008, 04:52:51 pm »
I agree Erin, Melinda did a fantastic job with that song.
Yeah & she deserved more credit for it.

Jessica

• Founding Backup #674
  • Her Most Excellent Majesty of the Royal Order of the Knights of Media
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2008, 10:27:31 pm »
Best version of that song I've ever heard.

ghopper

• Founding Backup #492
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2008, 10:40:41 pm »
I absolutely LOVED this!   Wub     And to think this was the first night Des ever heard Melinda sing.  Yep!  Des is a real late comer to AI6.   Rolling On Floor Laughing Rolling On Floor Laughing Rolling On Floor Laughing
  Late Night Vamp Club
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What you are is God's gift to you;  What you make of yourself is your gift to God.

Desiree

• Founding Backup #730 - mdoolittle @Jmoffet Can't believe I'm saying this, but listen to @swain1856
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2008, 10:45:22 pm »
I absolutely LOVED this!   Wub     And to think this was the first night Des ever heard Melinda sing.  Yep!  Des is a real late comer to AI6.   Rolling On Floor Laughing Rolling On Floor Laughing Rolling On Floor Laughing

Two weeks of watching Melinda (Top 4 and Top 3) was all it took to hook me.   Thumbs Up
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Jena

• happy bibliophile, and "crazy" cat lady
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2008, 11:48:24 pm »
You too, Des?

I thought I was the only one that came into AI6 so late.  Beegees night was the first episode I saw too!  (I subsequently watched them all in reruns.)  But "Love You Inside and Out" and "How Can You Mend a Broken Heart" was my first exposure to Melinda, save for a very brief clip of "Have a Nice Day."

Desiree

• Founding Backup #730 - mdoolittle @Jmoffet Can't believe I'm saying this, but listen to @swain1856
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2008, 11:49:25 pm »
You too, Des?

I thought I was the only one that came into AI6 so late.  Beegees night was the first episode I saw too!  (I subsequently watched them all in reruns.)  But "Love You Inside and Out" and "How Can You Mend a Broken Heart" was my first exposure to Melinda, save for a very brief clip of "Have a Nice Day."

Really?  I didn't know that Jena.  Wow!  What made you watch AI that night?
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

MelindaRules1987

• Founding Backup
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2008, 12:19:33 am »
You too, Des?

Being completely honest, I really didn't like her first song choice because the song is too boring & didnt give her a chance to show off her voice.

ghopper

• Founding Backup #492
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2008, 12:26:44 am »
You too, Des?

Being completely honest, I really didn't like her first song choice because the song is too boring & didnt give her a chance to show off her voice.

You mean "Love You Inside and Out"?
  Late Night Vamp Club
What you are is God's gift to you;  What you make of yourself is your gift to God.

Jena

• happy bibliophile, and "crazy" cat lady
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2008, 12:42:56 am »
Since I can't see most light, I have a severe sleeping disorder which causes me to sleep and wake at different times.  It cycles around, so the reason I didn't watch AI til that night at the beginning of May was that I just wasn't awake when Idol was on. Brick wall When I finally got back around to "normal" hours, I thought, I missed too much this year, I won't watch it.  Then I saw that clip of "Have a Nice Day" and also a clip of Lakisha's Bon Jovi performance, and I was like, I GOTTA WATCH! Smiley

"Love You Inside and Out" didn't bore me in the least.  I actually thought it was a brilliant revival of what had been an otherwise average song.  I felt the same about "How Can You Mend a Broken Heart?"  Melinda breathes new life into all songs she touches. Winner

MelindaRules1987

• Founding Backup
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2008, 02:06:00 am »
You too, Des?

You mean "Love You Inside and Out"?
Yeah, I just didn't like the song choice at all.