Author Topic: Students... get your schools involved with "Stayin' Alive"!  (Read 6777 times)

igabyy

• Founding Backup
  • Tiernan said: "Irma Is Right"
Students... get your schools involved with "Stayin' Alive"!
« on: November 17, 2007, 04:35:26 am »

Malaria No More offers an incredible program conceived by a group of high school students in FL called "Stayin' Alive."

By dedicating a dance or a series of dances to Malaria No More and committing to a donation of $1000 from the proceeds, a school can play a significant part in eradicating malaria.
Here's a chance to save lives and make a difference on a global scale... and all you have to do is dance!

Over a three-year period, Malaria No More will partner with 10,000 Stayin' Alive dances nationwide, raising a total of $10,000,000. Funds will be used to secure 1,000,000 bed nets, protecting 2 MILLION vulnerable children.

Please go to: http://www.malarianomore.org/stayinalive/index.php for more information.

Materials for the Stayin' Alive program:

http://melindasbackups.com/uploads/mnm/SA%20event-toolkit.pdf

http://melindasbackups.com/uploads/mnm/SA%20getInvolved.pdf

http://melindasbackups.com/uploads/mnm/Stayin%20Alive%20brochure.pdf

« Last Edit: November 18, 2007, 02:39:08 am by igabyy »

mcaro05

• Founding Backup #753
  • Lively, compassionate, gracious, introspective.
Re: Students... get your schools involved with "Stayin' Alive"!
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2007, 06:36:33 am »
I just wrote a letter to my high school about getting involved with this and I am sending it tomorrow. I wonder if colleges can do it too? hmm.

igabyy

• Founding Backup
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2007, 01:36:24 pm »
I just wrote a letter to my high school about getting involved with this and I am sending it tomorrow. I wonder if colleges can do it too? hmm.

That's awesome! Yes, anyone can get involved, this also includes colleges, or create your own program!

Please keep us posted how it goes. I will providing more links with resources, info and toolkits that you can use.

Thanks

cheekym

• Founding Backup
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2007, 12:25:16 am »
If you guys want to be inspired by our young ones--go look at the responses in the thread I posted on this under the BB's section--incredible!!!

Lexi (LMMD)

• Founding Backup #716
  • Engaging, bright, ambitious, kind
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2007, 03:58:57 pm »
I'll be talking to my administraters about this tomorrow Huzzah!
We did it!

igabyy

• Founding Backup
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2007, 03:48:24 pm »
I'll be talking to my administraters about this tomorrow Huzzah!

Great Alexis. Please keep us posted! Please let us know if you need anything.

cheekym

• Founding Backup
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2007, 03:54:37 am »
First of all...Lexi is AMAZING!  She just let me know that she talked to her administrators and she is working on having an Stayin Alive dance at her school!  She is also trying to get other schools in her area to do the same.  Thank you Lexi--you're a true inspiration!

Lexi (LMMD)

• Founding Backup #716
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2007, 02:54:46 pm »
Thank you Cheeky! That means a lot to me:) I hope to have the dance as soon as possible, and I have a lot of ideas to get a lot of people to come!
Love, Lexi Big hug
We did it!

chris-play

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2007, 05:42:13 pm »
Thank you Cheeky! That means a lot to me:) I hope to have the dance as soon as possible, and I have a lot of ideas to get a lot of people to come!
Love, Lexi Big hug

You are wonderful Alexis!! A TRUE Melinda's Backup!!!  Big hug

Lexi (LMMD)

• Founding Backup #716
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2007, 12:40:14 am »
Love, Lexi Big hug

Thank you so much Chris! I love you!!!
And let me tell you, the people in charge of this dance at the website are a big help too! They are very sweet, and are offering to do a lot to help me get the word out...Tey offered to help me set up a web page so parents and students and teachers know more about it, and also they are going to send me a bed net so that will show what I'm doing too. I'm glad to have so many amazing people helping out. I love this whole idea! And I am so glad that I am able to get my school involved!
We did it!

Alan

• Founding Backup #372
  • cool, steely master technophile.
    • Chandler's Zen
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2007, 10:37:14 am »
Love, Lexi Big hug

And let me tell you, the people in charge of this dance at the website are a big help too! They are very sweet, and are offering to do a lot to help me get the word out...Tey offered to help me set up a web page so parents and students and teachers know more about it, and also they are going to send me a bed net so that will show what I'm doing too. I'm glad to have so many amazing people helping out. I love this whole idea! And I am so glad that I am able to get my school involved!

Would you like to set up the web page on the static part of THIS site.  I can help with that if you want (and we may get more Melinda fans too if we do that).

Lexi (LMMD)

• Founding Backup #716
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2007, 05:19:01 pm »
Love, Lexi Big hug

Would you like to set up the web page on the static part of THIS site.  I can help with that if you want (and we may get more Melinda fans too if we do that).

YEAH! That would be great, then I could spread more about not only MNM, but also about backups and Melinda...that would be awesome! Thank you Alan Big hug
We did it!

Alan

• Founding Backup #372
  • cool, steely master technophile.
    • Chandler's Zen
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2007, 11:31:22 pm »
Love, Lexi Big hug

YEAH! That would be great, then I could spread more about not only MNM, but also about backups and Melinda...that would be awesome! Thank you Alan Big hug

First thing is to think about the text and any pictures you would like.  When you have thought about that send me a PM or e-mail with the details and we will draft out a page.

angel4peace

« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2007, 12:38:51 am »
Congratulations Alexis... you are amazing and doing a wonderful job! Baby Back Ups Rock! Please let us know if there are any ways we can help you. You are amazing! 

Melrocks

« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2007, 01:11:23 am »
Hey Alexis - good work girl!! Thumbs Up Thumbs Up   You are terrific to get this all organized.  Melinda would be proud of you, just like we all are here. LOL sign  Big hug