Author Topic: Welcome!  (Read 2210 times)

igabyy

• Founding Backup
  • Tiernan said: "Irma Is Right"
Welcome!
« on: November 17, 2007, 03:52:57 am »

Welcome to the Malaria No More board!

Melinda's Backups is dedicating this area to all things MNM, from information to educate ourselves and others about the disease and cause, to activities that engage our members to participate... and everything in between.

As you all know, this cause is very close to Melinda's heart. Thanks to her we've been introduced to the Malaria No More organization and have a deeper understanding about the need to fight malaria in Africa. Thousands of children die everyday and something as simple and affordable as a $10 bednet can save their lives. Please go to: www.MalariaNoMore.org to find out more about this wonderful organization.

Most of us were first introduced to this cause through the American Idol Gives Back show as we supported Melinda on the American Idol 2007 competition. Later that summer Melinda visited Africa on behalf of Malaria No More (http://melindasbackups.com/Africa.htm). As Melinda toured the US with the American Idol Live Tour we supported MNM by honoring her with flowers and bednet donations at the 59 concerts. Then we honored Melinda again by donating to MNM on her birthday.

And our efforts continue...

Melinda's Backups currently have a Football contest taking place, organized by Desiree, where the proceeds will go towards MNM. For more info please go to: http://melindasbackups.com/forum/index.php?board=26.0.

And thanks to Sara's idea, we are so excited to be working on participating at the Country Music Marathon to take place on April 26 in Nashville, TN, to raise funds for Malaria No More. Please visit the marathon sub-board to learn more and join in the fun!

We have assembled a Malaria No More Committee to organize all things MNM. The current members are: Irma/igabyy - leader, Meredith/cheekym - co-leader, Cristina/Chris-play, Sara/Sara99, Maria/ghopper, Desiree and Mary Ann/Melrocks. If you'd like to participate in the Committee please PM me. We also welcome your ideas to raise funds for Malaria No More.

Feel free to look around to learn more about Malaria No More and the fight against malaria, join in the activities, and help spread the word!!!

Save a Life...Make a Positive Impact...and be Blessed

« Last Edit: November 18, 2007, 04:37:21 pm by igabyy »

cheekym

• Founding Backup
Re: Welcome!
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2007, 08:01:04 pm »
Hey guys!  I just wanted to say how thrilled I am to be able to co-lead our MNM projects!  It's an honor to work with all of you who really have a vested interest in changing our world, and in turn, enhancing your own lives.  Please remember that not every project has to be a huge production.  There are smaller ways of making a difference too.  I even thought that for my big 30th bday, I would insist that my friends don't give me gifts and donate bednets instead.  Now, if you're like me and want to make a big deal out of this kind of birthday (ha, ha) and invite nearly 100 of your nearest and dearest........that's a lot of nets!!!!  Every little bit counts, as you know.  If each one of us came up with a small idea like this (in addition to our larger group projects) that would be incredible!!!  One step at a time.  Love and thanks to you all!

Sally

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2007, 08:19:32 pm »
Thank you Irma and Thank you Meredith for your hard work and dedication to this project. Marlaria is a life threatening  disease that one day can and should be wiped out!

angel4peace

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2007, 08:26:25 pm »
Thanks to both of you for all your hard work! Meredith what a great idea... I like that there are ways people can contribute in small ways.. very generous of you to give up your birthday gifts to MNM... awesome!

Irma, great job, thanks for continuing to lead this for us!

Sara99

• Founding Backup
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2007, 04:41:46 am »
Just wanted to send a word of thanks to all those who are helping with this very important effort. Let's all join together and do our part to make a difference.

Holly

• Founding Backup # 558
  • Live life with no regrets!
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2007, 01:50:48 am »
I am so excited about these projects. Count me in for anything..........     

igabyy

• Founding Backup
  • Tiernan said: "Irma Is Right"
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2007, 03:24:52 am »
I am so excited about these projects. Count me in for anything..........     

Thanks Holly. I'll PM you!