Author Topic: Internet Promotion Makes a Difference!  (Read 2954 times)

Jena

• happy bibliophile, and "crazy" cat lady
Internet Promotion Makes a Difference!
« on: August 05, 2009, 06:16:19 am »
 Super excited Two things have given me encouragement that Internet promotion really can make a difference.
1. I wrote a review of "Coming Back to You" on Amazon.  I didn't really know if anybody read such things, but I thought I'd give it a shot.  I see now that 24/26 people found it helpful, which means they took the time to read it, and liked it enough to give me a positive vote.  Then one person made this comment. "I'm going to buy this album based on your review.  Thanks." Unbelievable 2. I've been trying to introduce people to Melinda on a global personalized radio site called LastFm.  I started the fan group for Melinda, but I also joined other groups, made "friends", wrote journals, and connected with like-minded listeners in all the ways LastFm has set up for you to do so.  Some of my friends are prominent among the 15 or 20 million listeners on LastFm, because of the large number of artists they listen to, or because they're in a large number of groups.  One guy has nearly ten thousand artists in his library, and I introduced him to Melinda.  He liked her so much, that he joined my LastFm group for her. The exponential theory seems to be true; you tell one or two people, they tell one or two people . . . Melinda's LastFm listeners were growing steadily by about 80 a week.  But in the last two or three weeks she's had an increase of 500 or more listeners.

It really works! Super excited

Gemini2

• Founding Backup #510
Re: Internet Promotion Makes a Difference!
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2009, 06:31:45 am »
 Huzzah! Huzzah! Huzzah! Huzzah! Huzzah! Huzzah!

Way to  go Jena!!!!!

Jena

• happy bibliophile, and "crazy" cat lady
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2009, 07:25:02 am »
 Unbelievable I just checked LastFm again.  Melinda gained 50 listeners in 24 hours!  That would be nearly a week's worth a month ago! Super excited

Alan

• Founding Backup #372
  • cool, steely master technophile.
    • Chandler's Zen
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2009, 07:26:13 am »
Unbelievable I just checked LastFm again.  Melinda gained 50 listeners in 24 hours!  That would be nearly a week's worth a month ago! Super excited

You are on a roll  Thumbs Up

Desiree

• Founding Backup #730 - mdoolittle @Jmoffet Can't believe I'm saying this, but listen to @swain1856
  • Web site Team
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2009, 03:05:48 pm »
That's awesome about both Amazon and Lastfm!  Go Jena, go!   Huzzah! Huzzah! Huzzah!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Weezzy7

• Founding Backup #741
  • Official News Seeker
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2009, 03:09:53 pm »

Babz

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2009, 04:55:30 pm »
great job Jena!!!

ghopper

• Founding Backup #492
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2009, 05:21:36 pm »
Great going, Jena!  I will do the same on Amazon.   Thumbs Up
  Late Night Vamp Club
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What you are is God's gift to you;  What you make of yourself is your gift to God.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Weezzy7

• Founding Backup #741
  • Official News Seeker
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2009, 05:47:24 pm »
Super excited Two things have given me encouragement that Internet promotion really can make a difference.
1. I wrote a review of "Coming Back to You" on Amazon.  I didn't really know if anybody read such things, but I thought I'd give it a shot.  I see now that 24/26 people found it helpful, which means they took the time to read it, and liked it enough to give me a positive vote.  Then one person made this comment. "I'm going to buy this album based on your review.  Thanks." Unbelievable 2. I've been trying to introduce people to Melinda on a global personalized radio site called LastFm.  I started the fan group for Melinda, but I also joined other groups, made "friends", wrote journals, and connected with like-minded listeners in all the ways LastFm has set up for you to do so.  Some of my friends are prominent among the 15 or 20 million listeners on LastFm, because of the large number of artists they listen to, or because they're in a large number of groups.  One guy has nearly ten thousand artists in his library, and I introduced him to Melinda.  He liked her so much, that he joined my LastFm group for her. The exponential theory seems to be true; you tell one or two people, they tell one or two people . . . Melinda's LastFm listeners were growing steadily by about 80 a week.  But in the last two or three weeks she's had an increase of 500 or more listeners.

It really works! Super excited
I know well that work lol. When Melinda doing tour going to post in blogs articles and also contact Radio's station and Foxnews. Good hand to the internet revolution!!!!

californiafan

• Founding Backup #706
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2009, 06:35:41 am »
That's fantastic news Jena!!!  banana dance Dancing Banana