Author Topic: Brainstorm ways to increase membership of Melindas Backups  (Read 15358 times)

ghopper

• Founding Backup #492
Re: Brainstorm ways to increase membership of Melindas Backups
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2009, 04:47:20 am »
This is just a thought. I need a front plate for my car and I thought of getting one that says Melindas Backups.com and have the logo on it.

That's a cool idea, Donna!  Do you know where we can order custom license plates or frames?

I can check online. I'll let you know if I find something.

Here are a couple to start with. There are also custom made plate frames.

http://www.licenseplatesonline.com/

http://www.autoplates.com/store/license-plate-frames-c-5108.html

Thanks  Donna!  I'm going to start researching promotional materials like these.   Big hug
  Late Night Vamp Club
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What you are is God's gift to you;  What you make of yourself is your gift to God.

donna

• Founding Backup #695
  • Wise, strongwilled, intuitive
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2009, 04:54:58 am »
This is just a thought. I need a front plate for my car and I thought of getting one that says Melindas Backups.com and have the logo on it.

That's a cool idea, Donna!  Do you know where we can order custom license plates or frames?

I can check online. I'll let you know if I find something.

Here are a couple to start with. There are also custom made plate frames.

http://www.licenseplatesonline.com/

http://www.autoplates.com/store/license-plate-frames-c-5108.html

Thanks  Donna!  I'm going to start researching promotional materials like these.   Big hug

Big hug

californiafan

• Founding Backup #706
« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2009, 06:08:28 am »
Great idea, but be careful of different state laws. Maria we have a front license plate law in California and we can't do that.

ghopper

• Founding Backup #492
« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2009, 06:10:22 am »
Great idea, but be careful of different state laws. Maria we have a front license plate law in California and we can't do that.

Oh, I was going to do the license plate frame, Dianne, not the license plate itself.   Thumbs Up
  Late Night Vamp Club
What you are is God's gift to you;  What you make of yourself is your gift to God.

Jena

• happy bibliophile, and "crazy" cat lady
« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2009, 06:21:15 am »
Another idea;
I've heard that when people are doing fundraisers for charities, they can have custom-made chocolate bars, cookies, etc., to promote their cause.  These are sold at bake sales, sports events, you could sell them anywhere.  I may be confused about this; maybe the food isn't custom-made, it could just be the wrapper.  But my idea is that someone could have the Melinda's Backups logo, and something printed about the site, on whatever food item or wrapper and sell them.  There might be a two-fold benefit here.  First, we advertise the site and increase membership.  Second, money could go to MNM or the music scholarship.  It might make an impact, because people tend to remember unique things they eat, or that they see others eating.  It would spark conversation, so that if you were the seller, you'd have an opportunity to explain what Melinda's Backups is. Dunno

Desiree

• Founding Backup #730 - mdoolittle @Jmoffet Can't believe I'm saying this, but listen to @swain1856
  • Web site Team
« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2009, 06:37:12 am »
Another idea;
I've heard that when people are doing fundraisers for charities, they can have custom-made chocolate bars, cookies, etc., to promote their cause.  These are sold at bake sales, sports events, you could sell them anywhere.  I may be confused about this; maybe the food isn't custom-made, it could just be the wrapper.  But my idea is that someone could have the Melinda's Backups logo, and something printed about the site, on whatever food item or wrapper and sell them.  There might be a two-fold benefit here.  First, we advertise the site and increase membership.  Second, money could go to MNM or the music scholarship.  It might make an impact, because people tend to remember unique things they eat, or that they see others eating.  It would spark conversation, so that if you were the seller, you'd have an opportunity to explain what Melinda's Backups is. Dunno

You can buy chocolate CDs and customize the cover.  I thought of that when MFV was released as a single in Feb 2008.  I know I posted a link to a website but I'm too sleepy to track down the thread right now.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Elcondado

• Founding Backup #603, Cathy
« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2009, 09:25:24 pm »
Ok you have to built a letter that i can post in blogs and comment in articles and music, radio station that i can sent to them. But someone have to write for me  LOL sign

What exactly do we want to promote in this message that Louise will then post in blogs etc?....do we want to sell the original CD....or the remixes....or just get people to come to our site....or to Melinda's site....If we can agree on a goal, then we can begin to put together the wording....what say you all?

Desiree

• Founding Backup #730 - mdoolittle @Jmoffet Can't believe I'm saying this, but listen to @swain1856
  • Web site Team
« Reply #38 on: July 14, 2009, 09:38:42 pm »
Ok you have to built a letter that i can post in blogs and comment in articles and music, radio station that i can sent to them. But someone have to write for me  LOL sign

What exactly do we want to promote in this message that Louise will then post in blogs etc?....do we want to sell the original CD....or the remixes....or just get people to come to our site....or to Melinda's site....If we can agree on a goal, then we can begin to put together the wording....what say you all?

Remixes.  Focus on selling the remixes.   Thumbs Up
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Desiree

• Web site Team
« Reply #39 on: July 14, 2009, 09:55:42 pm »
I'm confused.  Receiving a newsletter from a fan club?

Alan

• Founding Backup #372
  • cool, steely master technophile.
    • Chandler's Zen
« Reply #40 on: July 14, 2009, 09:59:40 pm »
I'm confused.  Receiving a newsletter from a fan club?

Definitely not a fan club - Melinda said so

Indigo54

« Reply #41 on: July 14, 2009, 10:05:43 pm »
I (accidently) signed Richard up to get updates from MD.com. I wondered if that was illegal?

From: Melinda Doolittle [mailto:noreply@melindadoolittle.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 14, 2009 11:12 AM
To: RICHARD ######, ATTCORP
Subject: New Melinda EP on iTunes, The Radio Remixes
« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 10:11:26 pm by Indigo54 »

ghopper

• Founding Backup #492
« Reply #42 on: July 14, 2009, 10:12:23 pm »
Marketing companies purchase e-mail lists all the time.  I have no idea what e-mail lists cost.  But that would be a way of advertising to a targeted audience.  It's similar to what iTunes does with recommended buys.  But that's based on only sales patterns on their site.  So where would we find people who might be interested in Melinda?
  Late Night Vamp Club

Desiree

• Web site Team
« Reply #43 on: July 14, 2009, 10:34:23 pm »
I'm confused.  Receiving a newsletter from a fan club?

So what was the point of the spam email?  Was it some phishing scheme?

The email I got from melindadoolittle.com had a link to her site.  And quoted exactly what Kelley posted on the site.  Is it that email we are talking about?

Alan

• Founding Backup #372
  • cool, steely master technophile.
    • Chandler's Zen
« Reply #44 on: July 14, 2009, 11:00:41 pm »
I'm confused.  Receiving a newsletter from a fan club?

So what was the point of the spam email?  Was it some phishing scheme?

The email I got from melindadoolittle.com had a link to her site.  And quoted exactly what Kelley posted on the site.  Is it that email we are talking about?

Yes - I would think its legit.  What wasn't legit was Indy signing up Richard without him knowing. Rolling On Floor Laughing Rolling On Floor Laughing

hilarious